By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Announces Prince of Persia: The Forgotten (unknown platforms)

SAN FRANCISCO – November 30, 2009 – Today Ubisoft announced that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(TM) video game is in development and is scheduled to be released May 2010 for consoles and handhelds. This new installment in the critically-acclaimed franchise marks the return to the Prince of Persia® Sands of Time storyline. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(TM) will feature many of the fan-favorite elements from the original series as well as new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia brand.

Tune in to Spike TV's "Video Game Awards 2009" on Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 8 p.m. EST for the exclusive world premiere of the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(TM) trailer.

For ongoing updates about the game, please visit: www.princeofpersiagame.com

Source

Around the Network

I was hoping for a sequal to the recently released HD/PC game.

4 ≈ One

This game is likely to be very mediocre. I can't recall how many years it's been since a good movie tie-in timed with the film's release has been any good.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I played both of the Previous Prince of persia games on the PS2
and they both were AMAZING! can't wait for this one to come out.
the Prince of persia that they released sucks so i hope they go back to how Forgotten sands were

PSN: HienTran2691

XBL: IVietCong

Would this be on the Wii?

Around the Network

Milking. I predict sub 70% Meta.

OHHHHH, YES!!!!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Bleh, I agree that this will likely be pretty bad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^ Man, I hope not. I didn't like PoP 2008, so if they stuck to the roots, but failed to introduce new mechanics as well, then I've lost faith in Prince of Persia...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

guiduc said:
Would this be on the Wii?

Since it's a movie tie-in i'm going to guess yes.