By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Announces Prince of Persia: The Forgotten (unknown platforms)

huaxiong90 said:
^ Man, I hope not. I didn't like PoP 2008, so if they stuck to the roots, but failed to introduce new mechanics as well, then I've lost faith in Prince of Persia...

I'm opposite. I thought PoP 2008 was by far the best entry in the series.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

For me, The Sands of Time remains untouched.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Is it confirmed to be a tie-in game? I realize they're releasing it simultaneously to capitalize on the popularity of the movie, but that doesn't mean that this game will be based on it in any way.

@ outlawauron

I really liked PoP 2008, but while I was playing it, I couldn't shake the feeling that they just recycled aspects of other games, especially Okami

@ huaxiong90

I totally agree about Sands of Time

outlawauron said:
huaxiong90 said:
^ Man, I hope not. I didn't like PoP 2008, so if they stuck to the roots, but failed to introduce new mechanics as well, then I've lost faith in Prince of Persia...

Glad I'm not the only one that loved it!

Cactus said:
Is it confirmed to be a tie-in game? I realize they're releasing it simultaneously to capitalize on the popularity of the movie, but that doesn't mean that this game will be based on it in any way.

What else would it mean? I'm having trouble remembering even one game that falls into the scenario you presented. If my guess is correct, this is an exact tie-in to the movie, and the only reason it doesn't have the exact same title is because it's already been used.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Seece said:
outlawauron said:
huaxiong90 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that loved it!

Never finished the Epilogue, but I still loved it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I hope its the same game play as PoP 2007.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Sands of Time is gonna be tough to beat. Good luck Ubisoft!

The new PoP was beautiful but nothing compare to Sands of Time. Rival Swords was the last good one, gameplay wise for me.

It's just that simple.