By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question for the Mario Lovers: NSMB vs Galaxy

Galaxy. And 64.

I admit I haven't played NSMB Wii yet (Christmas...) but I have played SMB1, 2, Lost Levels, 3, SMW and NSMB DS so I think I'm certain.

2D is more popular and true to 'original' Mario, but 64, Sunshine and Galaxy were better games.

Around the Network

3D Mario - personally I have always preferred them.

2D mario
The DS version of Mario 64 is ok
Sunshine was very good but only beats SMB1 and 2
Galaxy is the best mario game but 1 game will not change that on the other hand

SMB1 was good nouthing special
SMB2 ok in my opinon
SMB3 huge leap from the last game and very good.
SMW Perfects SMB3 and made it better
NSMBDS was good but isn't vetter than SMB3 and SMW
Getting the wii version on December 25th

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Galaxy is my 3rd favourite game this generation. NSMBWii... not so much.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I think 2D Mario's are more fun to play. 3D Mario's are a totally different experience. But with NSMB Wii bringing multiplayer I have to pick 2D.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

3D Mario

Hmm.... tough call. Both Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 got me into gaming simultaneously, and both were great fun for hours....

I guess I'll go with 3D, because Galaxy was a great masterpiece, and sealed my love for 3D Marios forever. New Super Mario Bros Wii is still amazing fun, but 3D's my vote.

I love 2D Mario, so I'd rather give up 3D Mario first. I'm one of those people that really misses 2D gaming (in certain genres).

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

So many games these days are 3D, and you just can't replace the magic of 2D Mario.

So I think I'd rather have more 2D mario, actually. I'm sure other 3D franchises will satiate my appetite for a 3D spectacle, 2D Mario just delivers something nothing else can in my opinion.

Dr.Grass said:

Mr Khan said:

Galaxy truly awed me like few games ever have, though i must say that NSMBWii has absolutely perfect difficulty progression, more so than most games i've ever played

We share very similar thoughts.

I'm with you guys on this subject. For me, it's a close call.

But I think I'll take 3d mario over 2d for singleplayer sessions but i'll take NSMBW to play with friends and family.