By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

Order Your GTPlanet 2010 Automotive Calendar!

December 10th, 2009 by Jordan

If you’ve spent any time in our forums, you’re probably aware of our vibrant community of talented photographers with a knack for shooting all things automotive. Today, we’re proud to showcase their very best work in the first-annual GTPlanet Automotive Calendar – a compendium of beautiful images of exotic cars and motor sport events from all over the world. It’s the best of the best from our community, and you can order it for yourself right here. Each photographer has graciously donated their photographs, ensuring that 100% of proceeds from the calendar go towards the Alzheimer’s Association, as we carry on our proud tradition of supporting the organization each year during the Christmas season.

The calendar is available now for just $25.64, and can be shipped anywhere in the world. Needless to say, this makes an awesome gift for any automotive or GT enthusiast, and Christmas delivery is still guaranteed if you order soon (see the deadlines here). You’ll get a great calendar for the coming year, our photographers get the satisfaction of knowing their work is being enjoyed around the world, and we’ll all be one step closer to ridding the world of Alzheimer’s disease – everybody wins!

I’d like to say thank you to all who have contributed their images (listed below), and a special thanks to LongbowX, 80Y 2C2, and our moderator Giles Guthrie who have organized the project. We all appreciate your hard work and look forward to enjoying it throughout 2010!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I want that calendar!!!! >_
@Darth

Don't even say that :O First my wallet would explode and then my time table would explode xD Plus in that scenario I'd have to split my time between FFXIII and GT5...and not give a damn about anything else :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The latest rumours regarding Gran Turismo 5 suggest that there will be 94 tracks, yes thats a nine and 4. The tracks are listed below.

Belgium:

* Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
* Circuit Zolder

China:

* The Shanghai International Circuit

France

* Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
* Magny-Cours

Germany:

* Hockenheimring
* Nürburgring
* Nordschleife

Italy:

* Monza
* Imola

Japan:

* Fuji Speedway (80s, 90s, F, GT versions)
* Suzuka Circuit (GP, East, West)
* Twin Ring Motegi (Road, East, West, Speedway)
* Tsukuba Circuit

Monaco:

* Circuit de Monaco

Portugal:

* Estoril

Spain:

* Jerez
* Valencia

UK:

* Brands Hatch
* Silverstone Circuit
* Top Gear Test Track

USA:

* Daytona International Speedway (Road, Speedway)
* Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
* Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Oval, GP)
* Infineon Raceway (Sports, Stock)

Imaginary circuits in real places:

* Hong Kong
* Paris, George V
* Paris, Opera
* Citta di Aria (Assisi)
* Costa di Amalfi (Capri)
* Tokyo, Route 246
* Seoul
* Madrid
* Eiger Nordwand (Kleine Scheidegg, Bern)
* London (Short, Long)
* El Capitan (Yosemite National Park, California)
* Las Vegas Drag Strip
* New York
* Seattle

Imaginary circuits:

* High Speed Ring
* Apricot Hill
* Autumn Ring
* Deep Forest Raceway
* Grand Valley Speedway
* East Section
* Speedway
* Midfield Raceway
* Driving Park
* Beginner Course
* Motorland
* Test Course
* Trial Mountain
* Clubman Stage Route 5
* Special Stage Route 5
* Special Stage Route 11

Rally circuit in real places:

* Chamonix
* Tahiti
* Swiss Alps
* Cathedral Rocks (Yosemite National Park, California)
* Grand Canyon

http://talkplaystation.com/rumour-gran-turismo-5-tracks/

_____

we have several rumored list, this one says 94 tracks!!!!!!!

Heh.

94 Tracks eh?

Definitive

Carl2291 said:
Heh.

94 Tracks eh?

Definitive

now ay its:

BEYOND DEFINITIVE

Around the Network

Marketing is holding up well I see.

There you go darth.

Have a slight bit more advertising for your thread

Can't wait for this game anymore.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Snake612 said:
Can't wait for this game anymore.

How dare you!

do you mean you won't buy it anymore!!

The time trial based ‘GT Academy’ version of Gran Turismo 5, which launches this Thursday, has the Indianapolis Speedway GP Circuit (as we said last week) and is just 220MB, according to reports this morning.  The two versions of the Nissan 370z are locked with R1s for the tuned version and N3 for the normal street version and the demo as a whole feels ’stripped down’.  Apparently it’s your total time that’s going to be taken into account, so you’ll need to be handy with both versions of the car if you want to succeed.

To be honest, I’m a little disappointed.  I know this is meant to just be a proper time trial exercise for the GT Academy, but since GT 5 now won’t be out until at least Summer next year, more could have been done to give us, Polyphony’s rather patient fanbase, something more than just one track and one car – something they did with GTHD back at the launch of the console.  Still, hopefully we’ll get a chance to have some fun little TSA Challenges out of this one for us mere mortals.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/14/gt5-academy-demo-details/

Indianapolis and Nissan 370Z!!!! I need my PS3 back this week or I'll murder someone >_<

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"