By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

yay time to go back for more time trials!

VQ37VHR!!

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

The time trial based ‘GT Academy’ version of Gran Turismo 5, which launches this Thursday, has the Indianapolis Speedway GP Circuit (as we said last week) and is just 220MB, according to reports this morning.  The two versions of the Nissan 370z are locked with R1s for the tuned version and N3 for the normal street version and the demo as a whole feels ’stripped down’.  Apparently it’s your total time that’s going to be taken into account, so you’ll need to be handy with both versions of the car if you want to succeed.

To be honest, I’m a little disappointed.  I know this is meant to just be a proper time trial exercise for the GT Academy, but since GT 5 now won’t be out until at least Summer next year, more could have been done to give us, Polyphony’s rather patient fanbase, something more than just one track and one car – something they did with GTHD back at the launch of the console.  Still, hopefully we’ll get a chance to have some fun little TSA Challenges out of this one for us mere mortals.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/14/gt5-academy-demo-details/

Indianapolis and Nissan 370Z!!!! I need my PS3 back this week or I'll murder someone >_<

THANKS

can't wait

why is it stripped down though?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Darth

It's stripped down because you won't be able to tune up or enhance your perfomance in any way, so that everyone will have an equal and fair chance at the Time Trials ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark

thats fine then I thought they stripped down the graphics and/or damage system lol

VIDEO OF THE GT ACADEMY DEMO:

http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,701423/Gran-Turismo-5-Academy-Demo-1080p-Screenshots-HD-Video-Eindruecke/News/

I can't reall embedd it, if anyone else can please do so!

Around the Network

No problems there Darth, if that would have been the case they would have said that already :)

Actually, since I have GT HD, GT5:P and now, once I get the Time Trial GT5 demo, i'll do a side by side comparison of the evolution that GT5 had, I think that will be very interesting.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Wow let us know of what difference you see lestat!

I hope you get your PS3 back soon!!!!!!!!

Finally I think you may have a good chance of doing very well on this time trial thing as you got golds in licenses!!!!

Thanks Darth, hopefully I'll get it back this Friday :)

Well, last Time Trial I finished in overal 110th position, as I didn't (and I still don't) have the time, that most people have, to dedicate to being in the top position.

Lucas Ordonez said himself that he actually spent 10 hours a day training and beating times as they surpassed him, that to me it's just insane xD

Current PC Build

Holy...!! Look at this video of the gameplay!
http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/granturismo5/videos/12757/hd

*drools*

Wass said:
Holy...!! Look at this video of the gameplay!
http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/granturismo5/videos/12757/hd

*drools*

WOWOWOW

amazing

I wished we could embed the video so that I can add it to the OP!