By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

lestatdark said:

News - Gran Turismo 5

Full GT Academy Details Announced
Posted on December 14, 2009 by Shak

After the success of GT Academy 2009, Nissan and PlayStation decided to team up again for GT Academy 2010, in the hopes of finding real racing talent from Gran Turismo fans. The competition falls into five main stages:

Stage One - will offer Gran Turismo fans a sneak preview of the hotly-anticipated Gran Turismo 5 game, due for release during 2010. Competitors will record flying laps on a time trial-based track available via PlayStation®Network, accessed through PS3. Unlike the first GT Academy, participants will not have to enter the competition using the GT5 PrologueTM game itself, and so even more hopeful racing drivers are expected to take part.

Stage Two – the holders of the twenty fastest online lap times from each participating country will qualify for their national final event. Tensions will run high as they battle each other on another exclusive Gran Turismo 5 level for the chance to move to the next phase of the competition.

Stage Three – twenty finalists, chosen from each of the national finals events, will head to the world famous Silverstone circuit for the GT Academy itself - a five-day, comprehensive race driver ‘boot camp’. They will have a chance to develop new driving skills in an array of Nissan, and other, hardware, while also being judged on fitness and mental attitude.

Stage Four - For the two competitors that display the talent, fitness, aptitude, drive and determination to succeed in motor sport, the action will hot-up even further. A UK-based intensive driving and racing programme will prepare them to qualify for an international racing license.

Stage Five – There is only one place available for the driver with the most potential to compete on an international stage. The overall GT Academy 2010 champion will race a full season in the European GT4 Cup in a Nissan 370Z prepared by RJN Motorsport. The opening race is currently scheduled for May, 2010.

Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Polyphony Digital and creator of the Gran Turismo series said, “This has been a very rewarding partnership. The whole GT Academy concept is very close to my heart. Our target with the Gran Turismo series has always been to come as close as possible to a real driving experience. To witness the level of driving achieved by GT players after a relatively short space of time at the GT Academy was very satisfying for me and I look forward to seeing the 2010 finalists in action. I am also very happy to have the opportunity for our GT community to have a preview of the Gran Turismo 5 game.”

The online section of the game will run from 17 December until 24 January with national finals following soon afterwards. The GT Academy itself takes place from 26 February until 3 March. The two winners will have to quickly clear their diaries, as their intensive training programme will start immediately and culminate in one driver racing in the opening European GT4 Cup race that could be at Silverstone on 2 May. The competition is open to people from: Austria; Belgium; France; Germany; Ireland; Italy; Netherlands; Portugal; Spain; Switzerland; UK; and Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Also joining in will be Australia and New Zealand.

Great details, so there's actually another track for the 20 best in each country :O

Hope i'll make it at least to the second stage xD But as I said, there will be fierce competition all around ;)

@Darth

That's an awesome idea, I would love to have a League Time Table in here! :D

Yeah I'll need a list of whoever wants their time to go on it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Count me in xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Me too.

good we have 3 people

I'll basically make a wall post on the people who posted in this thread asking them if they wanna be included too

that way we'll have many people & we'll finally see how good "VGchartz members" are

CGI-Quality said:
http://www.taxigamer.com/PlayStation_3/Gran_Turismo_5/25644/sheet.html

MANY new crisp HD screen shots!

WOW amazing screens

the games a technical marvel

We'LL BE ABLE TO PLAY IT ON THURSDAY!!!!!

Around the Network

Those screens are indeed amazing, but what's more awesome it's that they are downscaled from 1080p to 720p, so jaggies are a bit more proeminent than they should. This game is shaping up to be the monster of all racing games! :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Hey darth awesome thread.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
Hey darth awesome thread.

thank you very much!

I hope if ever you get a PS3 you'll get this amazing game!

^^I would ps3 would be on my list but i just can't afford it...i only have 250 and 100 is gonna go this christmas for Metorid Trilogy and MW Reflex....and my parents won't buy it.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
^^I would ps3 would be on my list but i just can't afford it...i only have 250 and 100 is gonna go this christmas for Metorid Trilogy and MW Reflex....and my parents won't buy it.

cool, as its launching in summer though

you could get a PS3 next holiday!