By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:

GT5's physics are 'nearly the same as actually driving'

With Gran Turismo 5 just on the horizon, Sony has slowly begun to let the floodgates of information open.  This weeks issue of Famitsu magazine contains a 4 page preview on the title, including an interview with series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

Kaz spends a lot of time speaking on the new physics system designed for Gran Turismo 5.  He's really proud of the way the new physics system captures the 'dynamic' feel of driving, going as far to say "We feel that this could be nearly the same feel as actually driving".  Kaz specifically mentions that feedback will give players a good indication of whether or not their car is under control or sliding.

Gran Turismo 5 is due out in March in Japan, and shortly after in the US and Europe.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4177/gt5s-physics-are-nearly-the-same-as-actually-driving/

D_3_F_I_N_I_T_I_V_E

I'm just sad that people are already assuming this demo coming tomorrow represents the whole game!!!

IT DOES NOT, the devs said its stripped down to be a 200mb download!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:

GT5's physics are 'nearly the same as actually driving'

With Gran Turismo 5 just on the horizon, Sony has slowly begun to let the floodgates of information open.  This weeks issue of Famitsu magazine contains a 4 page preview on the title, including an interview with series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

Kaz spends a lot of time speaking on the new physics system designed for Gran Turismo 5.  He's really proud of the way the new physics system captures the 'dynamic' feel of driving, going as far to say "We feel that this could be nearly the same feel as actually driving".  Kaz specifically mentions that feedback will give players a good indication of whether or not their car is under control or sliding.

Gran Turismo 5 is due out in March in Japan, and shortly after in the US and Europe.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4177/gt5s-physics-are-nearly-the-same-as-actually-driving/

D_3_F_I_N_I_T_I_V_E

I'm just sad people are already assuming this demo coming tomorrow represents the whole game!!!

IT DOES NOT, the devs said its stripped down to be a 200mb download!

Oh I know man, I know. I trust this dev though, so no worries IMO.

Yamauchi san FTW!

Awesome, Kaz is trully the perfectionist :)

GT5 is shaping up to be the best racing game ever released! :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
Wait what exactly is it that you EU guys are getting your hands on tomorrow?

Its basically a time trial demo, if we do really well in it we can compete in the GT academy

Also the demo has the GT5 engine (obviously still in beta stage) in it!!

Is this off PSN? Cause if it is then I'll be joining you guys.

@perpride

I think this is a single player Time Trial, but we can compare each one's time, at least that was possible on the last GT academy :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
perpride said:
darthdevidem01 said:
perpride said:
Wait what exactly is it that you EU guys are getting your hands on tomorrow?

Its basically a time trial demo, if we do really well in it we can compete in the GT academy

Also the demo has the GT5 engine (obviously still in beta stage) in it!!

Is this off PSN? Cause if it is then I'll be joining you guys.

yep on PSN

it'll be great if you join us

unfortunately lestatdark won't join us till friday!!!!!

I hope I really can join on this Friday :D

Has there been a time limit confirmed for the GT Academy?

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
I hope I really can join on this Friday :D

Has there been a time limit confirmed for the GT Academy?

I'm wondering bout that too, it must "expire" at some date

Ill be joining you all in this challenge. Hopefully i can make top 20 in my country to reach the next stage.

From what i heard the demo will expire on the day the competition is finished in January and will be removed from the PSN store. However if you have downloaded the Time trial demo you will still be able to play it after the competition is over. Your fastest times will not be updated. So i have heard.

Remember for the competition its not your fastest lap but your overall fastest laps combined. So the fastest lap for the tuned and stock cars get combined giving you your final time for the competition.

Oniichan said:
Ill be joining you all in this challenge. Hopefully i can make top 20 in my country to reach the next stage.

From what i heard the demo will expire on the day the competition is finished in January and will be removed from the PSN store. However if you have downloaded the Time trial demo you will still be able to play it after the competition is over. Your fastest times will not be updated. So i have heard.

Remember for the competition its not your fastest lap but your overall fastest laps combined. So the fastest lap for the tuned and stock cars get combined giving you your final time for the competition.

That's great, I will have time to practice appropriatedly then :)

So both times are needed to actually participate? It's going to be hard to master the 370Z with N3 tyres, but it's totally worth the challenge :D

Current PC Build