By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Guesses for the week

Wii - 1.25m

PS3 - 650k

360 - 485k

You think Wii will outsell the HD twins by that much?

According to this site, it did 800k in just the Americas. 425k in Japan+Others does seem fairly high for this week, though.

Hint for mahoosive Japan sales boost: Click Me!

That comes out this coming week, no?

Around the Network

Although tbh, darth is probably close with Wii numbers than i am.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Either way, Uncharted 2 is a massive success. 2 million is definite for year's end.

Not to mention a HUGE Profit maker

it can't have cost that much,  mean yes the graphics were better than uncharted 1, but it was the same engine

Uncharted 2 will end up making more profit than EVERY PS3 1st party exclusive BARRING LBP

GT5 Prologue says hi :P

And soon GT5.

More importantly, to me this proves that PS3 exclusives can really sell. Killzone should have reached this amount within the same time frame, it's a shame when it was released.

It's barely mentiond because Modern Warfare just broke a shotload of records, but Uncharted 2 got much higher sales than I was expecting.

leo-j said:
noname2200 said:
What's happening next week?

It's december, sales usually go up from here on out =P in terms of world wide sales

btw: I want kowenicki to post so bad, I bet he is going to spin this like he always does (I'm sorry if you guys think I am targeting him but I am, and I am doing it puporsely, he has been so against the ps3 the entire year). He said the 360 would likely have the U.S sealed, and that the world wide gap would be fairly small during the holidays DESPITE FF XIII coming out mid-late december.

He said Halo Reach will have better graphics than Killzone 2...

Was expecting more for 360 and PS3.

badgenome said:
Blacksaber said:
badgenome said:

I'll call the RSPCA if you abuse the dog again!

@okey dokey

yeah that was a trick question thingy, I wanted someone else to point out GT5:P, as its number 1.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Guesses for the week

Wii - 1.25m

PS3 - 650k

360 - 485k

You think Wii will outsell the HD twins by that much?

According to this site, it did 800k in just the Americas. 425k in Japan+Others does seem fairly high for this week, though.

Hint for mahoosive Japan sales boost: Click Me!

That comes out this coming week, no?

It does? Fuck... I thought it was this week haha.

My bad, take ~50k from my thingy then.

Wii numbers - ~1,200,000 for the week

--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Either way, Uncharted 2 is a massive success. 2 million is definite for year's end.

Not to mention a HUGE Profit maker

it can't have cost that much,  mean yes the graphics were better than uncharted 1, but it was the same engine

Uncharted 2 will end up making more profit than EVERY PS3 1st party exclusive BARRING LBP

GT5 Prologue says hi :P

And soon GT5.

GT5 apperantly cost $60 million so if thats true then GT5:P will just start to be profiting from now onwards. But GT5 will be pure juicy profit.

badgenome said:
Blacksaber said:
badgenome said:

Jesus Christ

alright so the PS3 sold about 400k in the americas this week, add so last week numbers for OTHERS and JAPAN were it sold about 220K combined..

I suspect it will be about 650-750K this week

360 I suspect since it sold 135K in japan plus OTHERS, it sold around 325K this week...

It should sell 480-550K

mM

For the PS3, was it 400k last week, or just on Black Friday? If so, couldn't PS3 sales for the week be between 450-500k (I'm assuming lower than normal for the week leading up, due to the impending Black Friday)?