By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will a Xbox360 user buy a PS3 and FF XIII on March 2010?

I don't care much for FF13. I'll be getting it for 360 when it hits the bargain bin. Also buying a console for just one game is crazy. As someone who has done the one home console per gen thing (and built up a huge backlog despite that) since I started gaming, I can't imagine that kind of wastefulness. If a 360-only or Wii60 owner absolutely can't live with getting up to swap discs only three times in a span of 50+ hours and if they can't live with FMVs that might be more compressed (assuming that they'll use the storage capacity of Blu-Ray to use higher quality encoding for video), they are incredibly picky. If they can't live without the words Playstation associated with Final Fantasy, they are just a fanboy. Final Fantasy and the jrpg genre wasn't born in 1997.

Around the Network

Why would someone waste 300 dollars to buy a new system, when they can buy the game on the system they currently have.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

novasonic said:
final fantasy isnt a system pusher.

Psone says hello...

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I'm sure there'll be atleast 1 or 2 guys out there that will do it...

4 ≈ One

Maybe but there aren't alot of those guys xD
but those who have both PS3 and Xbox36- will definitely buy the PS3 version
unless they like switching discs xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

This thread seems similar to that other thread a few weeks back, a poster said his friend was going to sell his PS3 and all his games just to get the Elite 360 with MW2.

gustave154 said:

People who complain about disc swaps are either lazy or they never played a multi-disc PS1 jrpg before. Getting up from your couch and burning a calorie walking over to your console and making a simple disc swap a grand total of three times over the course of a 50+ hour game is not an issue at all. Star Ocean 4 was another story but that's because Tri-Ace were too lazy to fit all the world content on the last disc so that you could do all of your side quests and back tracking without having to swap back to an earlier disc (as is custom for PS1 and 360 jrpgs not named Star Ocean 4). Lost Odyssey had soooo many cutscenes (way too much IMO) and even they managed to get the world to fit on disc 4. What's Tri-Ace's excuse?

The Wii practically forces you to exercise but yet gamers want to complain about 3 simple disc swaps?

gustave154 said:

My Xbox is 3 feet way from me. It is a real problem X_X

I dont see 1 reason why would 360 owners buy PS3 just for FF XIII lol