By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony limits fileshare capabilities. Now only with three accounts

Bad news for all traders and users with multiple PS3s, SCE have changed their Terms of Service to allow only up to 3 PS3s on one account.

Traders beware, you can only share games on up to three PS3s now, users with share groups will also be affected.

Users with >3 systems activated should be safe, however if one system is deactivated, it can no longer be activated again.

Quote from the TOS:

In-game items or content that you have purchased may be downloaded from PlayStation®Store. Pursuant to the particular terms of use that govern a specific in-game item or content you have purchased, you may use that item or content on up to three (3) different PlayStation®3 systems that have been activated for your account. You may deactivate or activate specific PlayStation®3 systems, as long as the maximum activated number of PlayStation®3 systems for your account at any given time is three (3).

* The first category, called Network Content, can only be accessed by one activated PlayStation®3 system per day and only by the account through which the Network Content was purchased. Network Content cannot be used on two different PlayStation®3 systems within a twenty-four (24) hour period.

* The second category, called Local Content, once installed on a PlayStation®3 system by the account that purchased it, can be accessed by other accounts on that same PlayStation®3 system.

This means that, if a game is purchased, it can only be downloaded once every 24h, meaning games can’t be shared immediately.

Do you think Sony have finally put an end to sharing? Have your thoughts on the forums.

Source

Around the Network

It was getting out of hand pretty quick.

4 ≈ One

That's fair enough. I have 2 psn devices so it doesn't bother me. A lot of people we're using it to cheat the system anyways.

Check out my game about moles ^

This will keep all that game borrowing to a minimum (I have two ps3's so this does not bother me at all).  I do like that the restriction does not limit the amount of times you download a game. 

as far as I know, that is to put 1 purchased game on 3 machines. no?

How many times do Nintendo or Microsoft let you do it?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I bet no one here is gonna give Sony hell like they did with MS and the memory card thing, but i dont give a shit about either.

I think its good, the lazy bums need to buy the game them selfs.

It could become a pain in the ass, since they don't let you remotely deactivate consoles at this point.

However, it's apparently a typo and you're still allowed to have five consoles activated at once.

Garnett said:

I bet no one here is gonna give Sony hell like they did with MS and the memory card thing, but i dont give a shit about either.

I think its good, the lazy bums need to buy the game them selfs.

well, I can attach any USB drive to my PS3, or install any type of third party HDD, so why would I give Sony hell for memory card thing? ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Garnett said:

I think its good, the lazy

bums need to buy the game them selfs.

+1 and might I add "lazy, cheating bums to this statement.

kingofwale said:
as far as I know, that is to put 1 purchased game on 3 machines. no?

How many times do Nintendo or Microsoft let you do it?

NO it means just one initial downloaded game per 24 hours on one console, not one download per machine.  I have two ps3 (one is a gloried blu-ray player) and I have games "still" on both of them that I use for multiplayer over psn.