By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (11/16 - 11/22)

I think that if a DS2 won't come until next year's christmas, the DS will outsell the PS2.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
samus aran rules said:
Arius Dion said:
DS is really amazing. And to think some people called it a fad. In other news looks like Wii rose and PS3 dropped. PSP go is starting to look like a flop. Why no 360 HW..is it that bad? lol.

Starting? It was doomed before it even was released.

Yes DS is amazing, selling this great on the forth revision. It´s truly amazing.

Wii is rising and should have a good December. PS3 is doing very good as well, in fact the console has never performed this well in it´s entire lifetime I should say. We´ll be exciting to see who is runner-up this generation in Japan behind DS. Will it be PSP,Wii or PS3?

LoL. I tend to give things a couple weeks before I get bold enough to call something a flop. PSP go came out pretty lackluster and continues to do lackluster numbers. This may be PS3's peak year in Japan (maybe even WW) We'll see though, Japan is handheld centric so the runner up may very well be psp.

@NintendoGamer: DS is going to easily outsell the PS2's ltd sales.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

LoArius Dion said:
samus aran rules said:
Arius Dion said:
DS is really amazing. And to think some people called it a fad. In other news looks like Wii rose and PS3 dropped. PSP go is starting to look like a flop. Why no 360 HW..is it that bad? lol.

Starting? It was doomed before it even was released.

Yes DS is amazing, selling this great on the forth revision. It´s truly amazing.

Wii is rising and should have a good December. PS3 is doing very good as well, in fact the console has never performed this well in it´s entire lifetime I should say. We´ll be exciting to see who is runner-up this generation in Japan behind DS. Will it be PSP,Wii or PS3?

LoL. I tend to give things a couple weeks before I get bold enough to call something a flop. PSP go came out pretty lackluster and continues to do lackluster numbers. This may be PS3's peak year in Japan (maybe even WW) We'll see though, Japan is handheld centric so the runner up may very well be psp.

@NintendoGamer: DS is going to easily outsell the PS2's ltd sales.  

Looks at DS sales and NSMB sals in japan and look at wii sales, pretty lowe compared to DS so I reckon Wii sales will go sky high when NSMBWii is out, no less than 75,000 Id'e say in that week, Nintendo needs to keep DS on the market till at tops at least 160 million.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Wait is NSMBWII released in this weeks numebers? If so, that would be just embarissing if Wii still tied with PS3 even with NSMBWII

rafichamp said:
Wait is NSMBWII released in this weeks numebers? If so, that would be just embarissing if Wii still tied with PS3 even with NSMBWII

No Wii will be way above PS3 in the week ending 21st November and pluse NSMBWii is in this weeks numbers,  NSMBwii isn't out in Japan untill 3rd December.  When we see the weekyl numbers tomorrow wii will defintly be over 610,000, ps3 about 350,000.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

NSMB DS did 910,000 week one. DS had a base of just 8m and had already saw a 3D Mario as Wii has when it came out....hardware was just starting to explode because of the DS Lite March launch. When NSMB DS launched it was May...but DS hw went from 176,000 to 290,000. Even a boost half as big would lift Wii from 30,000 to 90,000 or so. We're getting some reports in from Japan that NSMB Wii preorders are now substantially greater than NSMB DS preorders at the same point away from launch (~1.5 weeks) so it could be even more than a 60k lift. It could match the lift of NSMB DS if the game is more front-loaded because of the holidays. December 3 is also a time when Wii hardware would be rising anyway. Besides NSMB Wii though, there is also Samurai Warriors 3 - and that sucker has its own hardware bundle.

Basically, you have four lifts:

1) 2D Mario Audience Lift: NSMB Wii = 700k-1.3m week one

2) Big Core game Audience Lift: SW3 Wii = 100k+ week one

3) SW3 HW Bundle Lift: Seperate from people who are buying SW3 and other Wii games

4) Holiday Lifts: Wii has stabilized at 25k-30k post price drop and will rise alot at 20,000 Yen

1 is probably worth 50,000-75,000.

2 is probably worth 5,000-10,000.

3 is probably worth 5,000-15,000.

4 is probably worth 10,000-30,000.

Split it down the middle, and you get a 100,000 lift - putting Wii at ~130,000 (vs. 55k week one Dec 2008).

The following week, Winning Eleven Playmaker comes in another bundle and Tales of Graces launches. Combined with the holiday season that should keep sales flat or up. Should be enough momentum to carry Wii through December until Resident Evil and Tatsonoku vs. Capcom in January. Wii is going to be damn near double its previous December in Japan.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

NSMB DS did 910,000 week one. DS had a base of just 8m and had already saw a 3D Mario as Wii has when it came out....hardware was just starting to explode because of the DS Lite March launch. When NSMB DS launched it was May...but DS hw went from 176,000 to 290,000. Even a boost half as big would lift Wii from 30,000 to 90,000 or so. We're getting some reports in from Japan that NSMB Wii preorders are now substantially greater than NSMB DS preorders at the same point away from launch (~1.5 weeks) so it could be even more than a 60k lift. It could match the lift of NSMB DS if the game is more front-loaded because of the holidays. December 3 is also a time when Wii hardware would be rising anyway. Besides NSMB Wii though, there is also Samurai Warriors 3 - and that sucker has its own hardware bundle.

Basically, you have four lifts:

1) 2D Mario Audience Lift: NSMB Wii = 700k-1.3m week one

2) Big Core game Audience Lift: SW3 Wii = 100k+ week one

3) SW3 HW Bundle Lift: Seperate from people who are buying SW3 and other Wii games

4) Holiday Lifts: Wii has stabilized at 25k-30k post price drop and will rise alot at 20,000 Yen

1 is probably worth 50,000-75,000.

2 is probably worth 5,000-10,000.

3 is probably worth 5,000-15,000.

4 is probably worth 10,000-30,000.

Split it down the middle, and you get a 100,000 lift - putting Wii at ~130,000 (vs. 55k week one Dec 2008).

The following week, Winning Eleven Playmaker comes in another bundle and Tales of Graces launches. Combined with the holiday season that should keep sales flat or up. Should be enough momentum to carry Wii through December until Resident Evil and Tatsonoku vs. Capcom in January. Wii is going to be damn near double its previous December in Japan.

I was hoping Wii could make it over 100,000, but thought a console doing that much in japan is lot ( excliding 150,000 PS3 slim week one there ).  So 130K in that week for wii will be splendid,  those japs sure do love their 2d platformer.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

^^^interesting stuff.
its plausable too, i'm guessing it will be at around 100k

FFCC:CB BOMBA confirmed, i doubt Taiko will have legs as well.

2008 December Wii numbers

Now ps3

2008 December numbers

2007 japan numbers

Now 2007 seemed to have been better than last year for both system, I see the Wii doing 2007 numbers and PS3 doing better than it's ever done.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)