By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HD is to Wii as PC is to HD

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:

Then why the F*** won't my Mass Effect copy run at more than 4 fps eh ?

Learn to take care of your computer? Works just fine on all my computers which can run it. Even the 3 year old laptop with 2 year old drivers....

I would also like to know why our PS3 crashes ever sincne the 3.10 firmware was updated....

My comp was 2 years old when I got ME and was running Wow smoothly.

You're just bringing fuel to the fact that a PC requires a lot more work..

Not really, if anything just learn to take care of your computer. When my games started acting funny on my old desktop I popped opened process explorer and saw tons of DPCs, one thign led to another, and I learned my video card was over heating, the solutin cost me a total of 10 bucks ad about 30 mins tops.  What ca I do to fix our PS3 btw, eh?

Anyhow this isnt about elitism if anything you have been proving the point I made in OP perfectly fine. Thanks for being a real live example in the thread.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Instead of saying "The lack of good controls" I would say " the lack of precision controls". Most games are designed around using a certain controller. ( For example; a console racing game is clearly design with it's controller in mind even though with practice you can get good  with a wheel) My son has played games like Socom and get many head shots online. Yet no doubt a mouse has better precision than any game console controller which is why it's good to use more than just for games.

More for PC:

Can't play on the couch unless you hook up your PC to your TV which renders the PC useless for anything besides gaming.

PC is always getting late ports of games that were out on console 6 months to a year before.

Consoles have way better exclusives then PC.

Can't buy PC games used or trade them in.

Steroid said:
More for PC:

Can't play on the couch unless you hook up your PC to your TV which renders the PC useless for anything besides gaming.

What? I can do pretty much everything on my HDTV including watch shows on Hulu which it one of the main reason I have my PC hook up to my TV.

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:

Learn to take care of your computer? Works just fine on all my computers which can run it. Even the 3 year old laptop with 2 year old drivers....

I would also like to know why our PS3 crashes ever sincne the 3.10 firmware was updated....

Not really, if anything just learn to take care of your computer. When my games started acting funny on my old desktop I popped opened process explorer and saw tons of DPCs, one thign led to another, and I learned my video card was over heating, the solutin cost me a total of 10 bucks ad about 30 mins tops.  What ca I do to fix our PS3 btw, eh?

Anyhow this isnt about elitism if anything you have been proving the point I made in OP perfectly fine. Thanks for being a real live example in the thread.

I perfectly know why my PC won't run ME well, but no way in hell I was going to purchase a better graphic card......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
Steroid said:
More for PC:

What? I can do pretty much everything on my HDTV including watch shows on Hulu which it one of the main reason I have my PC hook up to my TV.

you kinda loose a huge chunk of resolution using your PC that way...

I mean my work PC runs 2560x1600....( 4096p lol)

Quite a big difference from 1080p...

Ail said:
Smidlee said:
Steroid said:
More for PC:

You meant 1600p. My PC montior is only 1280X 1024 so I'm not losing much there.

Smidlee said:
Ail said:
Smidlee said:
Steroid said:
More for PC:

You meant 1600p. My PC montior is only 1280X 1024 so I'm not losing much there.

True :P

The only argument against HD in the HD vs. PC argument is that DLC should be free. Everything else is BS.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:

I perfectly know why my PC won't run ME well, but no way in hell I was going to purchase a better graphic card......

To be fair, if you build a computer about 6 months after a new generation of console you will be able to run everything that comes out for them. Also any future PC games, though not on highest settings without an upgrade.