PC vs HD
Arguments against HD:
- Subpar graphics: Yh i will give you that one
- Lack of good controls: Sorry but for most genrest the PS3 controller is superior then the mouce and keyboard. Unless you mean use a gamepad with some games. And you do realise the PS3 supports mouce and keyboard in its games?
Are you joking?! PC supports hundreds of gamepads in thousands of games. PS3 supports Mouse+Keyboard in a couple of games... And Mouse+Keyboard is far superior to gamepads, and the only choice for proffessional gamers.
- Lack of good games: The mind boggles. I really hope this isnt your opinion and you are just generalizing what a PC fanboy would say when they are bitching about why a certain console has gotten a game they have not got on pc.
You call him a fanboy yet you deliberately attack him by generalizing that PC fanboys actually care about what they don't get on PC, which is a generalization on your part.
- Horrendous online (you even have to pay for it on some systems): The online you and i are used to for the PC seems to be going the way of the dodo. And the online for consoles is crap how?
And how is it going to the way of the dodo? PC's online gaming has been the staple of online gaming for decades, and still continues to be. Infinity Ward tried to bring console online to PC with Modern Warfare 2, but now they're suffering because of it. The sales of MW2 on PC have dropped like a rock.
- Subpar small games releases: Wait wait what? And the pc doesnt? Oh please i have seen more then enough pc games that i wouldnt even give to charity.
The difference is that PC has far, far more quality indie games than all consoles combined.
- Games which barely iterate and bring anything new to gaming, dumbed down games: Oh really. Ok then. So i guess you never heard of GT
If you want to be picky, Gran Turismo has been considered by many console gamers a racing simulator, but if it's compared to the true racing simulators that exist on PC, GT would be a crappy simulation game.
- Lack of online communities: Yh i will give you that. Because it aint an online community. You are playing against your real life friends online. So that aint really an online community because its your local community playing with you online ;)
Try playing with complete strangers, but from around your area. Then build a community around them in the game. Tell me how you can do that on consoles.
- DLC should be free: Yh i will give you that. but i am sure some DLC are starting to go for the pay route
Newsflash, DLC has existed for years, in the form of expansions. The big difference is that the crappy DLC you pay for in console games is usually free on PC. Expansions give a far greater value.
Arguments vs PC:
- Lack playing locally on many games (anti-social) Yh
- Too costly: I dont think it is
- Too complex to play because of installs, updates, patches, hardware failures: Thats probably right
Comments, corrections, additions and anything else is welcome.