By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Frequent freezing since 3.10

My PS3 has been freezing frequently ever since the 3.10 update. By frequently I mean once every three and a half to four hours. Pretty bad. This happens with any game I run, and I've read in other websites it's happening with movies too. Anyone else having this problem?

I find this extremely ironic since this is the update that's supposed to have the error report in it for freezing and crashing. Even more ironic is that these freezes can only be recovered by switching off the power switch in the back, which doesn't let you send the error report for the freezing which the error report firmware update caused.

Not happy.

Edit: I've found through various testing of my own and checking around other forums that the freezing is indeed a result of the firmware update and if you have it garaunteed to happen under certain conditions in certain games. For example four or more hidden blade assassinations in ACII within a couple of seconds will always make it freeze.

If you haven't updated yet, DO NOT UPDATE!

Around the Network

Same, I got a freeze and had to turn the PS3 off from the back. Another thing is that I can't sync my trophies.

No problem with my slim

mM

Nope, I haven't had any issues with freezing apart from MW 2, but those have been fixed

@ sabby, I assume you are getting an error code ending in A07, or something like that? Apparently it is just due to overloading of the servers, partially due to Modern Warfare 2 bringing loads of gamers back on to PSN, just keep on trying and it will work

many other people aren't either, as there are more complaints about it

I have personally not experienced freezing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I don't know about games but I haven't been having problems with freezing and DVD's. I've been having Lost marathons the past week or so and I generally watch a disc at a time.

-edit-

I have the 80gig BC model just in case anyone is curious, though I do fear it's on its last legs.  ;_;

leo-j said:
No problem with my slim

Play AC2 and get 4 kills within a couple seconds with the hidden blade. Knocks it out every time, without fail, regardless of what kind of console you are using. I've now tried it with my 20GB (well, 320GB with my HDD), my friend's 60GB, and my other friend's Slim. This did not happen pre-3.10. Modern Warfare 2 also freezes sometimes, but I can't find a specific trigger for it.

Edit: MW2 has patched it out now I guess.

My fat is fine. My slim freezes about once every 6 hours of use just now. The slim never froze before 3.10. It may be unrelated. It may not. I don't know.

my ps3 freezes too

for the trophies thing i signed out and signed in another file i have then went back to my account and signed back in

then it let me sync trophies

hmm, does 3.10 offer anything worth upgrading for? I haven't upgraded yet because I don't have internet access at home, but I'd rather not upgrade to a freezing glitch.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)