By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you wish the wii had unified online?

Gamerace said:
quigontcb said:
Gamerace said:
I don't need or want 360-esque online features on my Wii, however all games should use your Wii system code instead of individual friend codes for each game.

It does piss me off that NSMBWii doesn't support online because that's one game that certainly would have gotten a lot of online use.

Wii Speak is also horrid, a headset would be nice.

You dont like options? There is no good reason to not want a proper online experience like the 360 provides. Just because you have many options, doesn't mean you have to use them ya know.

Agreed on NSMBWii and the headset issue.

No, don't want them on Wii.   Simplicity is key Wii selling feature.  I know women who love their Wii's but still can't even figure out how to watch a movie on 360.   Makes Wii safer to allow young kids to play online too.   Too many options would make the Wii less appealing to many.   If I want a fuller experience I have a 360, but generally I prefer the more pick-up and play mentality of Wii.

you put a DVD on 360 and it will play by itself.

so... just because a few people can't figure out the console, nobody deserve to have unify online feature? Sounds pretty faulty to me

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
quigontcb said:
Gamerace said:
I don't need or want 360-esque online features on my Wii, however all games should use your Wii system code instead of individual friend codes for each game.

It does piss me off that NSMBWii doesn't support online because that's one game that certainly would have gotten a lot of online use.

Wii Speak is also horrid, a headset would be nice.

You dont like options? There is no good reason to not want a proper online experience like the 360 provides. Just because you have many options, doesn't mean you have to use them ya know.

Agreed on NSMBWii and the headset issue.

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I can agree with him, but for a different reason. I find the 360's online far from proper. It takes away any level of privacy you may have and it focus' too much as a subsitute of social gaming. Social gaming is much better as a local experience, and Online gaming should never be the medium for it. Not only that, but I would have to pay for tons of features I would care less for. What the wii needs is a unified friend code, a in game messaging system, and better voice chat. Other than that, I can care less about parties, avatars, and anything else. I'm playing video games, not going on my favorite social networking site.

*Btw, by Social Gaming I mean where you pretty much have full contact with the other person, and the focus is on playing with the other person opposed to playing the game multiplayer. I do realize that this could be used to describe all multiplayer experiences, but I find it more fitting to describe my definition.

c03n3nj0 said:
What's really annoying is that there's different friend code for every game. Your wii could alone should be enough.

This very much.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Yes, but it's not the end of the world that it doesn't have it - I play games to enjoy myself, not for friends lists and achievement scores.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
KylieDog said:
"Great game 4758-3447-4847"

"Yeah, it was 2535-4857-5532"

Fun.

Of course hypothetical, since probably cannot chat to eachother online anyway.

Most games allow you to name yourself. Good try though.

Around the Network

Im always baffled at wgat beef could you possibly hace a with a online set up.... it just shocks that so many ppl have something against it, I cant if this is defense force or wat.... but u guys dont wat to communicate with ppl on this site or ppl ur playing with properly???

Xxain said:
Im always baffled at wgat beef could you possibly hace a with a online set up.... it just shocks that so many ppl have something against it, I cant if this is defense force or wat.... but u guys dont wat to communicate with ppl on this site or ppl ur playing with properly???

What?

sc94597 said:
Xxain said:

What?

Yes, what??

I didn't understand a single part of that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
sc94597 said:
Xxain said:

What?

Yes, what??

sorry...let me reword, I notice that alot of Wii fans reject the idea of a more streamlined online system, which genuinely shocks me. My question is why? you dont want to play with fellow VGC members online? you dont want a voice chat headset( not a monitering system) you dont wat to open atext or voice chat room get a bunch of friends in there and just talk games or things? why are these ideas such a sin with you guys?

Xxain said:
Cheebee said:
sc94597 said:
Xxain said:

What?

Yes, what??

sorry...let me reword, I notice that alot of Wii fans reject the idea of a more streamlined online system, which genuinely shocks me. My question is why? you dont want to play with fellow VGC members online? you dont want a voice chat headset( not a monitering system) you dont wat to open atext or voice chat room get a bunch of friends in there and just talk games or things? why are these ideas such a sin with you guys?

I don't think any "wii fan" in this thread rejected voice chat. I rejected parties, because they are pointless, and I have no use for them.