By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you wish the wii had unified online?

Also DLC addons, the ability to buy things like extra maps for a retail game or for companies to give us free stuff like new character costumes via DLC ^^

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Boneitis said:
I'm getting the vibe that Wii fans don't want to admit the Wii has a horrible setup for online play.

If it was exactly like the PS3 and 360, they would love it.

Or you simply do not understand the perspective. It is that we don't care about the online set-up. I have a 360, and the thought ofplaying online is just as foreign to me on it as anywhere else. I simply do not care to play against people over the internet in 99% of games. It just isn't fun for me. I honestly find equal value in both systems online based on my personal usage of them.

Okay, YOU don't care about it. Yet millions of people play games online. Millions are paying for it on the 360. Clearly there is a big demand for it and the Wii delivers it poorly. They put wifi in the console and its not utilized nearly enough.

I'd like to turn on my Wii, see what games my friends are playing, and be able to join them. Who wouldn't?

Even Iwata would love it.

It's not that Nintendo is against it, it just wasn't worth the time, money and effort.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:
I'd like to turn on my Wii, see what games my friends are playing, and be able to join them. Who wouldn't?

Even Iwata would love it.

It's not that Nintendo is against it, it just wasn't worth the time, money and effort.

Actually I think Nintendo is against it. I understand making it child friendly, but there are plenty of mature users they should consider as well.

Boneitis said:

Okay, YOU don't care about it. Yet millions of people play games online. Millions are paying for it on the 360. Clearly there is a big demand for it and the Wii delivers it poorly. They put wifi in the console and its not utilized nearly enough.

Which relates to what you originally posted in what way? You claimed Wii fans didn't want to admit to something. I am using mself as an example of how dead wrong you are. Millions of players simply do not care about online. I'd wager the majority of console gamers never go online based on the XBL and PSN account numbers. It might not be utilized enought yo satisfy YOU, but that is hardly any more valid than what I said now is it?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Boneitis said:

Which relates to what you originally posted in what way? You claimed Wii fans didn't want to admit to something. I am using mself as an example of how dead wrong you are. Millions of players simply do not care about online. I'd wager the majority of console gamers never go online based on the XBL and PSN account numbers. It might not be utilized enought yo satisfy YOU, but that is hardly any more valid than what I said now is it?

Well a lot of the Wii fans do use the online services. I feel many just don't want to admit the friend code system is garbage. Perhaps if the Wii online services were more personalized and didn't require lots of numbers more people would use it. You on the otherhand, for whatever reason, are completely anti-online play. With that said I don't understand why you are even giving your thoughts on this matter.

I would love to see single friend codes per system rather then codes for each game. That is one of the main reasons I don't play my Wii online, last time I played Conduit I entered like 20 codes and only one person was ever online while I was. So I played Conduit worldwide however without WiiSpeak it just wasn't in the league of X-Box Live.

I like to chat while I play and I like to play with friends and lets face it Nintendo makes it nearly impossible to do either.

I spent over an hour collecting codes for the Conduit. What a waste of my time!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

friends code and thats it, the online is not that bad, and hey its free lol

Nintendo will always have less accessible online, just because they want to create a safe zone for people to play, no child predators allowed type of deal, plus its cheaper for them to offer limited online, plus it doesn't hurt sales

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

The Nintendo of today makes $1.6Mil per employee, I think they can afford investing in a better online experience, it will be an investment that will benefit them as well as the customer base.

By comparison Google makes $628,000 per head.

Source:
http://gizmodo.com/5050427/nintendo-makes-16-million-per-employee-better-than-google