By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you wish the wii had unified online?

I'm not sure if that's the right term, but I mean do you wish that it had an online similar to an xbox 360 or a ps3.

In short, do you like the friend code system?

Around the Network

I want unified friend codes. Other than that, I don't care. I like the Wii's online setup much more than that of the PS360. It is the features that the Wii is losing out on that is the problem.

Get rid of the friend codes. Have the ablity to rematch people you meet online. Other than that local muiltplayer>Online muiltplayer

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

What's really annoying is that there's different friend code for every game. Your wii could alone should be enough.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I don't need or want 360-esque online features on my Wii, however all games should use your Wii system code instead of individual friend codes for each game.

It does piss me off that NSMBWii doesn't support online because that's one game that certainly would have gotten a lot of online use.

Wii Speak is also horrid, a headset would be nice.

Around the Network

All i want for Wii is.....a Friendlist that reveals whos online, Instant message, a chat room and thats about it

^^^Qft

Nope glad its offline my 6 year old and 8 year old daughter love it and I am happy its not online. I have my 360 for online play and the older son and me

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Gamerace said:
I don't need or want 360-esque online features on my Wii, however all games should use your Wii system code instead of individual friend codes for each game.

It does piss me off that NSMBWii doesn't support online because that's one game that certainly would have gotten a lot of online use.

You dont like options? There is no good reason to not want a proper online experience like the 360 provides. Just because you have many options, doesn't mean you have to use them ya know.

Agreed on NSMBWii and the headset issue.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

quigontcb said:
Gamerace said:

You dont like options? There is no good reason to not want a proper online experience like the 360 provides. Just because you have many options, doesn't mean you have to use them ya know.

Agreed on NSMBWii and the headset issue.

No, don't want them on Wii.   Simplicity is key Wii selling feature.  I know women who love their Wii's but still can't even figure out how to watch a movie on 360.   Makes Wii safer to allow young kids to play online too.   Too many options would make the Wii less appealing to many.   If I want a fuller experience I have a 360, but generally I prefer the more pick-up and play mentality of Wii.