By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It seems Sony's newest handheld is failing big time in Japan. While Nintendo's DSi racks in over 30K a week and Sony's PSP 3000 and PS3 both come in relatively high with nearly 40K a week. Japan has been a lot harsher on the PSPGo. Released only a few weeks ago the Go is already down to only slightly over 6,000 units infact it is performing nearly as poorly as the X-Box 360.

For the Go to be only a couple thousand units ahead of 360 in Japan it is a collosal failure, Infact its only doing a few times bette then the PS2 a last generation system. I guess the Japanese market just wasn't ready for gaming on the Go. Its really sad that Sony can be performing so poorly its neck in neck with Nintendo's DS:Lite the last itteration of Nintendo's DS console.

Sony is getting their butts whipped yet again. I wonder how long the Go will last before Sony discontinues it?

I mean seriously if its nearest competition is a last itteration of the DS and the X-Box 360 which never performs well in Japan then Sony should really reconsider going digital!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

it managed to spike the sales of the 3000 though.

Check out my game about moles ^

lol how many threads of the same thing?
the PSP is not as popular as the DS thats all, you can't blame anything else.

You should contribute to the other threads

no need to make a new one

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

PullusPardus said:
lol how many threads of the same thing?
the PSP is not as popular as the DS thats all, you can't blame anything else.

You can blame the Go for being an inferior revision...

Around the Network

SONY will drop the price and people will buy, simple
its now
£225
summer 10 - £199
Christmas 10 -£149
Summer 11 - £99

simple, but really Sony should just make it £99 now as its cheap to make and it will fly of the shelves

Staude said:
it managed to spike the sales of the 3000 though.

I'm pretty sure that was the $30 price cut that did that. Unless you count the Go making the 3000 look really inexpensive/like a much better compared to the Go.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

They still make a shitload of money on each unit sold, I don't see sony discontinue it soon.

^They will never make up R&D costs at this pace.

Xen said:
^They will never make up R&D costs at this pace.

True. Too bad we don't know the exact sales in the west.