By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

It's interesting to see that PS3 is the only hardware up from last year. Also, MW2 is a beast.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Arius Dion said:
Down yoy but still dominating. So The HD twins have a huge multiplat title and neither can surpass the Wii which had nothing. Mario just dropped, looking forward to the Wii hitting 1m or close to it during BF week. I'll tell you right now no HD twin will hit those kind of numbers, yet its always the Wii who is underperforming, its baffling.

The Wii is underperforming because it is down massivley YoY despite a pricecut and a bunch of high selling SW.

This in itself does not mean the Wii is underperforming.

The fact that sales are not in line with Nintendo's projections, however, does.

So if Nintendo had projected 2 million sales for the fiscal year and the Wii sold 4 million, it wouldn't be underperforming?

If they had a reason to make such a dire projection then yes. You've got it.

Carl2291 said:
Arius Dion said:
Carl2291 said:
Arius Dion said:
darthdevidem01 said:
One more thing 1 Million for Ps3 on FF13 launch week is GLARINGLY possible

PS3 is above its 2008 numbers by OVER 110K

This gap will only INCREASE as we get into december

No its not. I highly doubt that is possible. If I didn't already have a bet with slimebeast I'd put money where my mouth is;)

It is possible.

Sure,  I'll rephrase this. Anything is possible. But it's highly unlikely, improbable.

For the big week last year the 360 sold 870k. PS3 is currently tracking above the 360 AND has the FF13 bundle in Japan.

I would say it's a 50/50 chance.

The ONLY thing working against us carl is that $199 effect the 360 may have had in relation to its sales last year

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

On the software side:

-MW2 is a beast (duh)
-Uncharted 2 is holding up very well. Up from last week.
-Wii Fit Plus should be just as successful as its predecessor.
-Forza 3 has some good legs.
-I do not believe MKWii is still in the top 10. THAT is selling power.
-PES is doing well on PS3. 360...not so much.
-Raging Blast didn't flop! Also, PS3 > 360 sales.
-MWR sold about as well as WaW Wii.
-Lol, Wii Fit still sold above 40k this week.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Man 360 is going to drop BIG next week, no more arcade offer, no more mw2 bundle, thats at least a 60-90k drop next week. We could see PS3 getting another 40k boost next week, which would mean it would outsell 360 by around 144k, which is just pwnage, but we have to wait and see.

Around the Network

@Rafichamp

ioi has stated it will stay constant not drop

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It sure doesn't feel like it (for me at least), but this is the holiday season coming up, I don't think drops will be happening again for the next 5-6 weeks Rafi.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

^^ioi said 360 should drop, read the article

I can garantee that Wii sales will top 60 million before 15th December and 61.2 million around 19th December but I'm not keen on bets.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

If 360 does drop what does it mean for that console? I mean is that pretty much it in terms of momentum? I thikn whatever 360 drops it would most likely signal an increase for PS3 I would imagine. Not a 1m consoles sold increase ;) but an increase nonetheless.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.