By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Formula 1 2009 Anybody else got it? Thoughts? Impressions?

MegaDrive08 said:

Are the motion controls not very good?

The motion controls are great.  Some people think it's too sensitive and there is no way to adjust them (except by adjusting the handling of your car, which is only possible in single player mode -- multiplayer and quick race do not give you this option).

The game is most definitely fun, but it is a bargain priced title and sometimes it feels that way (it's pretty basic and nothing is explained well).  They got the core mechanics right though and with a few additions this could be an excellent series.

Around the Network

Got it today and i must say that this game is the best pure racing game on wii thus far no doubt. Fast smooth precise control and loads of options. , I'm positively surprised, very well done.

Wait, this game doesn't have online multiplayer? Why the hell not? Even the PS2 ones featured online multiplayer, right?

^ yeah it is very disappointing but it's still a good game and the local multi-player does it's job well.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Sales are looking really promising. Hopefully this gets a 2010 edition with online and a bit of a tidy up on the graphics.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Around the Network

wow, great to hear this game is good. I just got done playing Dirt 2 on PS3, so maybe when I'm in the mood for another racing fix, I'll look into this game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I was looking at the sales of this game and must say that I'm pleasantly surprised at them. I also looked at an in game video for it and it looks like it's extremely fast moving and has a high degree of difficulty. I probably will pick this up eventually. I also like starting sentences with the word I.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

^ I know what you mean. I enjoy the sense of speed in the game. I think there is room for improvement but it's a pretty good effort for their first F1 game on the Wii. I love starting sentences with I.

amp316 said:
I was looking at the sales of this game and must say that I'm pleasantly surprised at them. I also looked at an in game video for it and it looks like it's extremely fast moving and has a high degree of difficulty. I probably will pick this up eventually. I also like starting sentences with the word I.

Codemasters has to be thrilled with the sales so far.  I bet they make a full price version with all the bells and whistles.

I will certainly be buying this game... looking to find a bargain though.