By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Formula 1 2009 Anybody else got it? Thoughts? Impressions?

wick said:
It's going pretty cheap here too for a brand new game. $69 at K-Mart with the wheel.

You know, I really wanted that wheel, but it's not offered in the US.  Gamestop has an exclusive for this title and they aren't offering the version that has the wheel so I ended up buying a cheep one from them and am gagging from the fumes.

I heard this game is compatible with the Logitech wheel -- do you know if that's true?

Around the Network

I'm going to buy it tomorrow. I'm still in love with F1 World Grand Prix II (N64). For me, the best F1 game ever.

psychoBrew said:
wick said:
It's going pretty cheap here too for a brand new game. $69 at K-Mart with the wheel.

You know, I really wanted that wheel, but it's not offered in the US.  Gamestop has an exclusive for this title and they aren't offering the version that has the wheel so I ended up buying a cheep one from them and am gagging from the fumes.

I heard this game is compatible with the Logitech wheel -- do you know if that's true?

Yes, it's compatible with the Logitech Speed Force Wireless wheel.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

One more thing -- the tuning seems to be really effective too.  It makes a huge difference in the way your car can handle turns.  There's an easy mode an an advanced mode where you can adjust brake bia, gear ratios, aerodynamics, tire pressure, suspension, etc.  I haven't gotten in to too much because I don't understand the aerodynamics or suspension, but I have customized brake bias and gear ratios and used the easy slider for aerodynamics with great results.  It made a huge difference in how well I could handle turns.

wick said:
psychoBrew said:
wick said:

Yes, it's compatible with the Logitech Speed Force Wireless wheel.

Sweet.  I can get it for $10 more than the classic controller here so I think I may just pick it up.

Around the Network
psychoBrew said:

One more thing -- the tuning seems to be really effective too.  It makes a huge difference in the way your car can handle turns.  There's an easy mode an an advanced mode where you can adjust brake bia, gear ratios, aerodynamics, tire pressure, suspension, etc.  I haven't gotten in to too much because I don't understand the aerodynamics or suspension, but I have customized brake bias and gear ratios and used the easy slider for aerodynamics with great results.  It made a huge difference in how well I could handle turns.

The tyre conditions and weather effects make a huge difference as well.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

I heard it's a good game, might pick it up later on.

It's easily the best racing game on the Wii if you enjoy not worrying about blue shells and lightning strikes.

wick said:
It's easily the best racing game on the Wii if you enjoy not worrying about blue shells and lightning strikes.

No blue shells?  Next you are going to tell me there are no Bullet Bills. So how do you win the races?

hsrob said:
wick said:

No blue shells?  Next you are going to tell me there are no Bullet Bills. So how do you win the races?

lol precise cornering and racing lines. New skills needed for a racing game on the Wii ;)