By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Vg Chartz Now has OVER 50,000 members....CONGRATS ioi & team!

supermario128 said:

Pineapple said:
supermario128 said:
Pineapple said:

I think that's because NeoGaf counts online people in a different way than VGChartz does, Gilga.

Anyway, some statistics.

There are 2,850,000 posts on VGChartz. That's an average of 57 posts pr user.

There are 61 people with 10,000 posts +. Let's say they average 13500 posts each = 823,000 posts. Those 61 people account for 29% of the posts.

There are then 60 people with 5000-10000 posts, let's say they average 7000 posts. That equals 420,000 posts. The top 121 people account for 44% of the VGChartz posts.

There are 95 people with 3000-5000 posts. Say they average 4000 posts. That equals 380,000 posts. The top 215 people account for 53% of the posts.

There are 440 people with 1000-3000 posts. If they average 2000 posts, that totals out 880,000 posts. The top 650 people account for 88% of the posts.

Essentially, VGChartz has 1000 members that have actually posted a lot on the site. The other 49,000 haven't really visited the forums at all.

That was some nice math skills. :P

What? It's basically just basic maths. A 10 year old could do what I just did

And I actually made a (very slight) maths error. It made no real impact on the result, though.

I'm just trying to complement your post, thought it was interesting.

Oh...Thanks! I'm rather bad at taking compliments.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

^That's something we need to work on, VG Chartz has kind of always been around 300 members online at a time. For example Gaf averages around 1500 members online at a time, they post a lot.

But then again I kind of like a smaller community it's easy to keep track of all the good threads, but more members could mean more epic threads, so

actually I think it was 200 in 2007 & late 2007

then it grew to 250 in most of 2008 & until mid 2009

After september 1st its consistently been over 300

There IS an increase

but TBH I LIKE it being a small community, you basically "know" everyone

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Gilgamesh said:

^That's something we need to work on, VG Chartz has kind of always been around 300 members online at a time. For example Gaf averages around 1500 members online at a time, they post a lot.

But then again I kind of like a smaller community it's easy to keep track of all the good threads, but more members could mean more epic threads, so

There IS an increase

I still don't think I know everyone here. But yeah, you know a lot more people compared to sites like Gaf.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Fun fact:

Of 50,488 members, 1729 are banned

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

supermario128 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gilgamesh said:

There IS an increase

I still don't think I know everyone here. But yeah, you know a lot more people compared to sites like Gaf.

The regular members know each other. Basically, everyone with over 5000 posts and some under.

Around the Network

119 people on this site have over 5000 posts.

31 have over 10,000

6 have over 15,000

1 has over 20,000

Prediction League said:
The_Killer said:
So about 5,000 unique people then?

I'm unique, aren't I?

You were just looking for an excuse to post with that account again, weren't you?

who made VGC's millionth post? is there a way to check that out?

i like the small community here, its fun :D

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

congratz

How bigger the community how more idiots their will be. How harder it will be for mods to control the threads/posts etc...

But congrats anyway.