By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom: The industry's hostility against Nintendo

pastro243 said:
Arius Dion said:
One of his better articles in a while. It is and has always been suspicious always hearing analysts and publishers alike talking about Wii HD. I don't think I've ever seen a market leader who is still number one in console sales by a large margin over its competitors almost brow beat into doing something as nonsensical as to cut off their fanbase simply to upgrade visual quality? That doesn't seem to matter to the majority of Wii owners.

Main big name franchises would and DO sell great on Wii. That's just industry talk. A flop on Wii is Wii's audience fault a flop on the other consoles is because the game just wasn't any good. I'd love to see how well a spin off dead space rail shooter would sell on an HD console. I'm so glad NMH is coming to HD consoles I'm leaning toward it being a GTA:CW situation all over again.

The reason NMH wont sell well on HD is because, besides its a year old port, compared to games like GOW3, Ninja Gaiden, or even DMC4 its not good, the same reason GTA CTW failed on psp, they made the wrong desission from the beggining since a 3d GTA on psp wouldve sold great.

I agree with you its not Nintendos fault, its the developers who fool themselves blaming nintendo and thinking some of their cheap games needed to sell on wii because they thought it was the only mature stuff there and now think the HD console userbase is going to buy their games and ignore that HD users have many other better games to choose from.

OT: I think this Nintendo vs the whole industry thing is just bitterness from some fans that would want every 3rd party big game on the console, Nintendo made their new and innovative console and they have made great games and a great profit from it, they have to face some consecuences from it, good and bad.

Now, you people as consumers, if you want big 3rd party games you should get a ps3 or a 360 and stop whining, most of you should be happy from getting nintendo games, and if the product doesnt give you all you want, get another one that will stisfy those needs.

Thing is, they want some because they have only received TWO tops (Monster Hunter 3 and.........Modern Warfare: Reflex) out of dozens of multiplatform 2 million+ sellers.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
pastro243 said:

The reason NMH wont sell well on HD is because, besides its a year old port, compared to games like GOW3, Ninja Gaiden, or even DMC4 its not good, the same reason GTA CTW failed on psp, they made the wrong desission from the beggining since a 3d GTA on psp wouldve sold great.

Old ports tend to flop, but on PSP *everything* tends to flop these days.  A 3D GTA likely would've undersold CTW DS too, just as GT, Rock Band, Soulcalibur, and basically every other big brand release on PSP has recently.

Really, I think they should've ported CTW to XBLA/PSN instead.  It could've been huge there.

The real question is: who cares? As long as Nintendo will be the leader of the video game market, they won't consider to go as third party.

And even 2010 will be a very good year for Nintendo since 2008.