By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taylor Swift vs The Beatles

zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
FaRmLaNd said:
If she does it in 20 years then it just proves that she isn't as much of a game changer.

The Beatles were only active for less then a decade. Within that period they released 12 albums which saw them change from a simple rock pop band to probably the most innovative force in rock music history.

It wasn't just what they did, its the fact that they did in such a short period of time.

Well she takes her time and writes her music, she doesn't just slop it together... I mean 12 albums is rather quick IMO.

Okay.. maybe she can become even more successful in a few years.. If she did it would you say shes greater than them?

Yeah, dammit for Sgt Peppers, a bunch of quick cheap songs with no correlation whatsoever, just made to make cash. Oh, and the White Album, that's also a quick cash-in, heck, they even made it double so they could put twice the number of quick and cheap songs to make more profit! Of course, who can forget Abbey Road, I mean, the last 16 minutes don't have any correlation, they're just whatever they could think on in a hurry to fill the deadline and release it as soon as possible to earn money.

Damned Beatles and their quickly slopped albums, made without even taking their time to write music!

It's not fair to bring Taylor down though.. She has just as much artist credibility as the beatles.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
Ps3 said:
Also... It's extremely unfair to compare the Beatles album sales to Taylors.. Music doesn't sell as well as it used to. Taylors current album is about to hit the 5 million mark and thats like 50 million 30 years ago.

Well cause the Beatles have been around forever.. but I just don't know how some people can know her. She is the biggest artist today, which is why the Kanye thing was such a huge fuss.

Wait did you just quote yourself? Seriously I am going to need a urine sample.

OT: I have nothing against Taylor Swift (despite the young Renee Zellweger thing she has going on with her face) I have some of her songs on my Ipod (okay 1) but come on, comparing them to the Beatles. The Beatles aren't even my favorite band (I do love them) but simply no one compares. Oh and Jay Z sold out Madison Square just as fast, if not faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

zexen_lowe said:
outlawauron said:
FaRmLaNd said:
This must be a joke thread. The Beatles were the single most influencial and commercially successful act in popular music during the last century.

Michael Jackson?

According to Wiki, the Beatles have more verifiable sales than MJ ( Total available certified sales: 230.1 million vs  Total available certified sales: 141.2 million), and the claimed sales, the Beatles' higher end is higher than MJ's and the lower end is also higher than MJ's lower end, and very close to his higher end too, so I think it's safe to say The Beatles sold more

Wikipedia... there is your answer. Michael has sold a billion records in his career.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

"The beatles were the biggest at one point"!?

The Beatles are still the biggest band in history, very few artist rank the same as the Beatles. Taylor Swift definitely does not.

You need to come up with a better argument to even compare The Beatles with Taylor Swift other then "they both play there own instuments and write there own music" (most artist do this already), and she is not the number 1 artist today, she is the number one Country singer yeh, but even if she was the number 1 artist today that still doesn't mean you can compare her to The Beatles. I'm sure at one point in time Kanye West was considered to be the number 1 artist, but can you even come close to comparing him to The Beatles, hell no.

The is so riduculous I feel like my heads going to explode.

outlawauron said:
FaRmLaNd said:
This must be a joke thread. The Beatles were the single most influencial and commercially successful act in popular music during the last century.

Michael Jackson?

Why do you think HE bought THEIR catalog? 

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Ps3 said:
Ps3 said:
Also... It's extremely unfair to compare the Beatles album sales to Taylors.. Music doesn't sell as well as it used to. Taylors current album is about to hit the 5 million mark and thats like 50 million 30 years ago.

Well cause the Beatles have been around forever.. but I just don't know how some people can know her. She is the biggest artist today, which is why the Kanye thing was such a huge fuss.

Wait did you just quote yourself? Seriously I am going to need a urine sample.

OT: I have nothing against Taylor Swift (despite the young Renee Zellweger thing she has going on with her face) I have some of her songs on my Ipod (okay 1) but come on, comparing them to the Beatles. The Beatles aren't even my favorite band (I do love them) but simply no one compares. Oh and Jay Z sold out Madison Square just as fast, if not faster.

Well Jay Z is a huge artist too especially in New York. Taylor is a country singer from the south.. Country music usually is not big in New York.

Gilgamesh said:

"The beatles were the biggest at one point"!?

The Beatles are still the biggest band in history, very few artist rank the same as the Beatles. Taylor Swift definitely does not.

You need to come up with a better argument to even compare The Beatles with Taylor Swift other then "they both play there own instuments and write there own music" (most artist do this already), and she is not the number 1 artist today, she is the number one Country singer yeh, but even if she was the number 1 artist today that still doesn't mean you can compare her to The Beatles. I'm sure at one point in time Kanye West was considered to be the number 1 artist, but can you even come close to comparing him to The Beatles, hell no.

The is so riduculous I feel like my heads going to explode.

She is too the #1 artist today. Name 1 artist that still makes music today that gets mainstream play thats bigger? it's a fact, her albums are outselling EVERYONE.

Mariah? Really? You can't put her in with The Beatles, Elvis, and MJ. She doesn't come close.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

NinjaguyDan said:
outlawauron said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Michael Jackson?

Why do you think HE bought THEIR catalog? 

So he can make an extra buck.. Doesn't mean anything.

supermario128 said:
Mariah? Really? You can't put her in with The Beatles, Elvis, and MJ. She doesn't come close.

In #1's she does - FACT