By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Taylor Swift vs The Beatles

Ps3 said:
Gilgamesh said:

"The beatles were the biggest at one point"!?

The Beatles are still the biggest band in history, very few artist rank the same as the Beatles. Taylor Swift definitely does not.

You need to come up with a better argument to even compare The Beatles with Taylor Swift other then "they both play there own instuments and write there own music" (most artist do this already), and she is not the number 1 artist today, she is the number one Country singer yeh, but even if she was the number 1 artist today that still doesn't mean you can compare her to The Beatles. I'm sure at one point in time Kanye West was considered to be the number 1 artist, but can you even come close to comparing him to The Beatles, hell no.

The is so riduculous I feel like my heads going to explode.

She is too the #1 artist today. Name 1 artist that still makes music today that gets mainstream play thats bigger? it's a fact, her albums are outselling EVERYONE.

Who has the best selling album of the 2000s? Oh, that's right, THE BEATLES, 30 years after their break up and a rerelease album is the best selling of the decade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best-Selling_Albums_of_2000s

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
Gilgamesh said:

The Beatles are still the biggest band in history, very few artist rank the same as the Beatles. Taylor Swift definitely does not.

You need to come up with a better argument to even compare The Beatles with Taylor Swift other then "they both play there own instuments and write there own music" (most artist do this already), and she is not the number 1 artist today, she is the number one Country singer yeh, but even if she was the number 1 artist today that still doesn't mean you can compare her to The Beatles. I'm sure at one point in time Kanye West was considered to be the number 1 artist, but can you even come close to comparing him to The Beatles, hell no.

She is too the #1 artist today. Name 1 artist that still makes music today that gets mainstream play thats bigger? it's a fact, her albums are outselling EVERYONE.

Who has the best selling album of the 2000s? Oh, that's right, THE BEATLES, 30 years after their break up and a rerelease album is the best selling of the decade

We are talking about NOW. That was the year 2000 where music still sold huge.. Taylors 5 million based off of Fearless would be like double that in 2000.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Eminem is the biggest act of the decade. He does not compare to The Beatles. I am sure even Taylor Swift would be offended by such a comparison. Do you really think she has the same kind of appeal worldwide?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Ps3 said:
zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
Gilgamesh said:

We are talking about NOW. That was the year 2000 where music still sold huge.. Taylors 5 million based off of Fearless would be like double that in 2000.

And still wouldn't come close to the more than 30 million One has sold, sadly

zexen_lowe also your argument doesn't hold water right there.. Those are worldwide sales.. In the U.S she sold 5 million in 2009! Thats huge today...

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
zexen_lowe said:
Ps3 said:
Gilgamesh said:

And still wouldn't come close to the more than 30 million One has sold, sadly

Yeah cause those are WORLDWIDE sales.. Country music is only really big in America, Taylor is the first Country single to really break this barrier. Sales are nothing like they were years ago

Yes, Eminem is much bigger than Taylor.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Signalstar said:
Eminem is the biggest act of the decade. He does not compare to The Beatles. I am sure even Taylor Swift would be offended by such a comparison. Do you really think she has the same kind of appeal worldwide?

Well Eminem isn't real music. She actually gaining fame around the world. Like I said, she is the first country singer in forever yo break into mainstream. If the beatles just debuted in 2009, nobody would play their music on the radio..

supermario128 said:
Yes, Eminem is much bigger than Taylor.

Not in 2009. or 2008

Also, you just said it yourself. She sings country music which isn't really to popular world wide or here.... So she can never get that big.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089