By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should bundle more.

I think Nintendo are failing to realize how much Wii sports as part of the initial Bundle pushed Hardware. I think Nintendo needs to take a small page from Sony to finish this generation in a SOLID 1st Place.

I think being initially offered with Wii Sports was the reason for the serious uptake of the wii as I could not see the same reaction for Wii Hardware if Wii Sports wasn't bundled with it at launch (Maybe a small reason why Japan wii uptake seems a little off pace).

Personally, I think Nintendo should be working with any and every high profile third party release to offer their games as part of a bundle. For instance,

Red Steel 2 - should be bundled with wii motion plus accessory, Wii Sports Resort as well as the motion plus accessory and Nunchuck.

ToG or something without motion plus support - should be bundled with Wii Sports, Nunchuck and CC Pro.

These games should also include some limited color quantities. Red Steel in Red, Monster Hunter 3 in Black in Na and Europe, Grinder in Red, Sonic or some other game of the ilk in Blue.

The possibilities are endless, and I think it would be throwing a bone to the supposed 'Hardcore' giving them incentive to jump in.

I find it hard to find more value in the market that a $249.99 wii w/ quality game (ala Red Steel 2) that includes, wii sports resort + Motion plus + and Nunchuck. Even a Guitar Hero Bundle or Rock band Bundle with Guitar controller at $249.99, ultimately dominating the music genre and getting more support from Third parties, for the next Nintendo Console. Do it right now. Reap rewards Later.

Your Thoughts?

Around the Network

bundled with New super mario bros wii, mario kart wii and super mario galaxy for about $199 would be a gold bar ready to be taken.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Another bundle with WSR too with those games for $210 would be better :)

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

Earlier in the year, Gamestop bundled Wiis with rubber ducks and toy squirt guns.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Nintendogamer said:

Earlier in the year, Gamestop bundled Wiis with rubber ducks and toy squirt guns.

I know lol crazy

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Honestly.. Nintendo has bundled every Wii with Wii Sports throughout North America and Europe. What more bundling do you want?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Well for a long time they couldn't because system shortages prevented it but that hasn't been the case for a good 8 months or so now. I agree they could probably do with a few more bundles in the West but they have already started this in Japan.

I agree with this. I've been thinking for a long time now that Nintendo needs to do more bundling in the West. We see the Wii Sports Resort bundle in UK, which is great, but we need to see more.

They're doing a lot better in Japan with this, but I really would've liked to see a NSMB Wii bundle in addition to Tales of Graces and Samurai Warriors 3.

Well, bundling is a move to spur slow sales. In Japan Nintendo is going bundle crazy due to the huge drop in demand. Wii still flys off the shelves in North America and Europe, should the sales drop to an unsatisfactory level and Nintendo can't drop the price, they will bundle.

I agree they should do it to spur slow sales... But I also think it should be done to Increase sales on a worldwide level as well as increase base demand. Something simple like a bundle with Dead Space Extraction or RE: Darkside chronicles would do a big part in helping Third party titles get much needed visibility.

Games like Endless Ocean with a cool blue Wii, Dynamic Slash w/ Motion Plus and the Red to match the box, Sin & Punishment in White, Monster Hunter in the west with a Gigantic Lagia Crus on the side.

And THE HOLY GRAIL. The Legend of Zelda: KickAssBusters in Gold, maybe with the Master Sword and shield combo on the side... a la the following Case Mod

http://kotaku.com/245061/the-only-zelda-wii-case-mod-youll-ever-need