By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN AU gives AC 2 - 9.0 for 360, 8.8 for PS3 (360 = DEFINITIVE console ver)

From what I've seen it's got a fair bit of screen tearing and graphical issues on 360 too. Neither version has enough polish nor shows the right balance between on-screen detail and performance IHMO. Still, at least the gameplay has gone beyond tech demo levels so I'm actually expecting to enjoy this more than AC.

Also, the underlying engine has always performed better on 360/PC vs PS3 and despite the huge budget it always seemed unlikely Ubi were going to tinker with it enough on PS3 to gain the additional optimization needed for the game - as with AC (which also had it's fair share of glitches on either console) the developers seem determined to produce a game which slightly outstrips the capability of its tech to support it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

2%, that's huge! I don't know how any self respecting PS3 fan could buy that version of the game now :P

hsrob said:

2%, that's huge! I don't know how any self respecting PS3 fan could buy that version of the game now :P

No problem for me, I haven't respected myself in years.

im so glad my 360 fanboy friends dont compare reviews after this ,bayonetta and orange box

In The End , There Will Be Only Chaos

I hope they address the issues soon.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
hsrob said:

its huge enough for me, i cant sleep at night knowing that i am playing an inferior version, hopefully they will fix it with a patch or i am gonna have to buy loads of sleeping pills.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Still, that's gotta be disappointing for Sony, especially when you consider the promotional effort they did for this game way back from E3. Personally, I'd be really pissed of with Ubisoft, if I was Sony. :)

WOW.....I just dont get how can devs who developed a game on the ps3 for the first time such as Bioware can produce a better ps3 version of their game yet devs like Ubisoft who have more experience with PS3 cant even get ps3 version at least on par wity the others.

I think if the scores were the other way around this would be an issue but as it is...no.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Huh? Armored Core 2 came out so long ago...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!