By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN AU gives AC 2 - 9.0 for 360, 8.8 for PS3 (360 = DEFINITIVE console ver)

The Xbox 360 is the definitive console version; stunning in most respects, Renaissance Italy is frequently a joy to traverse. Small details breathe more life into this world than the original AC.

Presentation - 9.0
Graphics - 9.0
Sound - 9.0
Gameplay - 9.0
Lasting Appeal - 9.0
Overall - 9.0

It really does surprise IGN how large the gap between the two versions is. It does begin to affect the gameplay too when the PS3's juttering and screen tearing starts to rattle the frame during action sequences involving multiple characters. Hopefully Ubisoft can address some of these concerns with a patch as soon as possible, but at this stage, the PS3's version once again lacks polish.

Presentation - 8.5
Graphics - 8.5
Sound - 9.0
Gameplay - 9.0
Lasting Appeal - 9.0
Overall - 8.8

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/NewsPending-430023.aspx

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsPending-430026.aspx

Disappointing ubisoft.....but an update should fix the screan tearing & so on

I dunno if its worth a 0.2 difference....but with an update it doesn't matter anyway

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

You like to make inflammatory thread titles, don't you?

OT: 3 YEARS PEOPLE! THE PS3 HAS BEEN OUT FOR 3 YEARS, LEARN TO FRIGGIN' PROGRUM!

Well i was expecting both HD console reviews to be the same just copy/paste. But if one were to be higher than the other of course the 360 is expected to be higher since the PS3 version was the port.

Does 0.2 point difference really consider as a large gap? The Orange Box reviews had a larger gap.

There aren't that many capitals in that title...

Most other reviews say there is barely any difference, but I am getting it on PS3 because of extra content with the PSP version

Even those dumb lens of truth comparisons show that their comments are even more exaggerated.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

strange score, ac1 played same as ac1 360 yet ign gave lower score, hopefully a patch comes soon like ac1 patch

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I went into this thread wondering what AC 2 was..

You should have spelt out Assassin's Creed 2.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This actually altered which version that I was going to get

SmokedHostage said:
I went into this thread wondering what AC 2 was..

You should have spelt out Assassin's Creed 2.

Well, it's pretty safe for abbreviations to represent the popular game with the intials AC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@smoked hostage

Most peole know what AC2 is....I couldn't be talking about Animal Crossing 2 (do you think I'd make a thread about animal crossing ROFL ROFL ROFL) or Ace combat 2 cus ace combat 6 is out!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey