By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No gays allowed (ok maybe just a few)

Can anyone else think of games that let you be a male character and have romantic relations with another male character besides Fable and the Sims?  BioWare has the lesbians, but what about the gays?  Its all fantasy stuff anyway, why can't they toss us a bone? I know the girl on girl action is mostly for the guys, but there are some gay gamers out there and we'd like to be able to enjoy the game the way others do.  Oh well...

Around the Network

Playstation Home but I don't think you can do the deed.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bully, I think.

EDIT: Confirmed with a quick Google search.  There was even an achievement in the XBOX version: "Over the Rainbow" for kissing another boy (or boys) 20 times.

Oh wow. This is not the thread I was expecting.

The problem is that hating on gays is still cool. Lesbians are seen as sex objects and celebrated by society. Gay guys, however, are still shunned on many levels and thus get pushed out of the spot light. This is more true for a hobby that is mainly dominated by the 13-30 year old male demographic that is the least tolerant in a general sense. As we progress as a society it will be more common. It will be interesting when the first game to feature gay love story as the main plot comes out in the west.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Isn't sex kind of avoided in most games to begin with, be it straight or gay? The only games I can think of where you might do stuff like that is in WRPGs, and don't they usually let you be whatever orientation you want to be in those?

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII you can date Barret. I dare say Professor Layton has an inappropriate relationship with his apprentice as well.

There's a scene in Star Ocean: The Second Story where if you're playing as Claude you can choose to go on a sort-of date with another character and one of the choices is Ashton. The 80-plus endings in the game are determined by a kind of hidden "friendship" score between characters where everytime you have characters fight together the score increases. It's also affected by various other factors like if other characters see you steal stuff. Anyway, if you choose Ashton, the scene that plays out is hilariously awkward, but the Ashton-Claude score apparently goes through the roof.

The scene in FF7 was a joke though, and not actually two guys having a date together. I assume this is a similar situation for Star Ocean, but I never played it myself. I know a friend of mine tried damn hard to have two guys hook up in the games ending but never with any success. Apparently they just become really good friends.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Incondite said:

Can anyone else think of games that let you be a male character and have romantic relations with another male character besides Fable and the Sims?  BioWare has the lesbians, but what about the gays?  Its all fantasy stuff anyway, why can't they toss us a bone? I know the girl on girl action is mostly for the guys, but there are some gay gamers out there and we'd like to be able to enjoy the game the way others do.  Oh well...

Let's face the facts: Most gamers are pubertal boys and not "out" at this age. They want to be cool and play dull game like MW2 or show their buddies kissing womans in mass effects. Not loving men.

Mature Gamers like games like Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 and don't need sex in games. They have sex at home with their partner :)

KylieDog said:
In Fallout 3 when male characters go to sleep you can jump on top of them and T-bag them.

I'm not gonna ask why you did that but whatever! To each their own.