By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No gays allowed (ok maybe just a few)

I apparently read some bad info because a couple of sites said that there were no gay relationships in Dragon Age. I'm not looking for gay sex in video games (or really any sex in games at all), its just that if there are romantic relationships that can be pursued I'd like to pursue one that I would. Its a character I created and want to pursue things I would. If it were a character that was created by the writers that has a destiny for a certain woman, then that would be perfectly fine with me. Anyway, I don't think it would really take much more effort to include relations between any characters with any gender, as long as they don't refer to you as the wrong gender. Most character cinematics simply render motion to whatever its set to allowing for any character to follow the same motion whether male or female. I'm a little happier now though since there is a possible relationship in D.A.

Around the Network

Thankfully Gay relationships arnt fully accepted, people consider gays as jokes and lesbians as hot, so most developers try not to add to stuff like that because it wont appeal to the mainstream public.

I was disappointed Mass Effect allowed a 'lesbian' relationship in female Shepard and Liara, but didn't have any gay options for male Shepard-they could have easily made Kaiden bisexual. It shows were the focus for developers is, really. And that focus isn't on maturely representing gay/lesbian relationships.

I thought the relationships were handled great in Mass Effect-but I found the omission of a gay relationship option as disappointing. If it's present in ME2, then great.

You can gay marry, and also have gay butt sex with a male mutant in Fallout 2. This is true.

Dragon AGe Origins, you and the elf dude.

Around the Network

I felt the same way about mass effect.  Its frustrating because most people think it'll effect mainstream, but honestly it doesn't have to obvious. Heterosexual males won't, generally, pursue gay relationships so odds are they would never even be effected by possible gay relationships.  If Kaiden had been bi in ME, all straight guys would be too busy chasing liara or ashley to ever even notice Kaiden was checking them out lol.  And again, for the game creators, most of the dialog wouldn't need to be changed to include a gay relationship, just flip the gender references.

mirgro said:
Dragon AGe Origins, you and the elf dude.

And besides the elf dude you can go to the whorehouse and choose between human, elven and dwarven males. Also, if you ask the owner to "surprise you" you might just get a transsexual dwarf.

Viva Pinata

KylieDog said:
Snesboy said:
KylieDog said:
In Fallout 3 when male characters go to sleep you can jump on top of them and T-bag them.

I'm not gonna ask why you did that but whatever! To each their own.

If you kill them first you can position the body however you like.

my idiot friend decided to do that in timesplitters after i died walked over me and crouched and got back up and crouched and got back up for like 4 minutes......

almcchesney said:
KylieDog said:
Snesboy said:
KylieDog said:
In Fallout 3 when male characters go to sleep you can jump on top of them and T-bag them.

I'm not gonna ask why you did that but whatever! To each their own.

If you kill them first you can position the body however you like.

my idiot friend decided to do that in timesplitters after i died walked over me and crouched and got back up and crouched and got back up for like 4 minutes......

That's called t-bagging, and is very common in online games.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!