By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please get rid of ssj12s 'editorials' on the top page.

since we have user revews in the games database, how about adding a "recently written reviews" section? Then we can move the spam into there

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Oh yes, they really need to be removed.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Free Hat! Wait... wrong mob...

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

I agree, move them to the forums (No hard feelings ssj12)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

yeah, it looks very shabby

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

I'm all up for "clearly" defining what should be allowed in the news sections - and what shouldn't. SSJ isn't the only culprit - there has been a lot of posts there recently that simply do not belong.

- sales analysis
 - sales posts (first day sales, weekly/qrt'monthly sales, prelim sales)
 - conference headlines/outlines
 - MAJOR software press releases (i.e. Halo, Galaxy, Killzone, WiiFit level)
 - any significant news for one or more platform holders
 - industry analysis editorials
 - financial analysis / reports (major)
 - upcoming games summaries
 - new SKU announcements 

It should NOT include:

- reviews
 - updates/information on *any* specific game

IMO - one of the worst things this site could do, is lean too heavily towards "news" articles - rather than threads. There are too many being displayed at the moment, and it takes the focus away from the threads themselves - which is the major drawcard to the site for most people. Otherwise it just becomes another "news regurgitation" site.

We could also have a simple rule - that only news that ORIGINATES from VGChartz (i.e. is created) is allowed in the news section. Anything with a link (or purely based on a link) must stay in the threads part of the board. I don't think this is a necessarily bad thing.

Otherwise - SCRAP the news system altogether, and give mods/ioi a "flag" to set on threads that are "important" (i.e. newsworthy). The top/most recent 5 of these appear at the very top of the threads list - followed by other threads.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I haven't minded whats happened so far by and large, but the personal reviews and things like that "downloadable games thing are a bit ridiculous." It was so vague and simply regurgitating the obvious. Mrstickballs software analysis is a good example of what is acceptable.

I do like Shams' idea that only VG original news could be presented in the news section.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

exactly

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Thanks ioi

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I'd like to convey my delight on how this matter has been handled, as well as publicly proclaim that ssj12 is a swell chap, and a good member of the community. Don't know how he's feeling, but I'd feel bad after receiving a barrage like this. =/