By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If 2012 is really Obama vs Palin

I don’t think Sarah Palin is any dumber that most politicians; and her biggest problem was that she was put on the national stage without having the opportunity to be properly prepared. What I mean by that is most politicians spend years increasing their profile to put them into the position to be able to effectively run a national political campaign; and the countless interviews (and rallies for other people) give them the experience they need to look polished regardless of what is happening.

As an example of what I mean, it is very clear that Barack Obama was preparing to make a run for the presidency in 2003/2004 and had 3 to 4 years to prepare before he announced his candidacy; and even then, the primaries tend to start off pretty slow allowing someone to get up to speed before they’re really in trouble.

With that said, I don’t think Sarah Palin is actually going to try for the presidency in 2012; and I don’t think she would accept to be someone else’s running mate either. What I expect from her is to increase her profile and to become a "King Maker" by being the person who rallies the troops and helps fundraising. She is just too much of a polarizing individual to really be effective in a presidential campaign anymore because she will alienate more independents than she can attract.

Around the Network

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Whilst I know what the rest of the world thinks matters not in regards to the actual elections in the US (and why should it?), it would be a terrible blow to the US's respect around the world if she did win.

Just saying...

Palin won the 2008 elections. The thing is, she won them for the other side. She stands no chance against Obama, and frankly I'm glad for that, because she is not someone who should be allowed within 50 miles of any kind of executive power.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

^^ That is the problem with us right now, that we care too much about what the world thinks of us. I do not care what the world thinks of the greatest country the world has ever known.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Having an African-American winning the US Presidency was a memorable moment in world politics. But I do not think it is time yet for a woman to be leading the most powerful country in the world unless there is someone who is capable of the job. Sarah Palin would be a very dangerous person to have running your country. The world does not respect her at all.

The day Russia has a woman President, will be the day US is led by a woman President. Women who have lead countries in the past have not done a very good job in power.

numonex said:
Having an African-American winning the US Presidency was a memorable moment in world politics. But I do not think it is time yet for a woman to be leading the most powerful country in the world unless there is someone who is capable of the job. Sarah Palin would be a very dangerous person to have running your country. The world does not respect her at all.

The day Russia has a woman President, will be the day US is led by a woman President. Women who have lead countries in the past have not done a very good job in power.

Unless i'm wrong he was the first head of state elected of a race that wasn't the "dominante" race of a country.

Outside of mock stuff like South Africa and the like anyway.

I think a woman could be president.  It's just... it can't happen against Obama. 

Hilary Clinton would be president today if it wasn't for Obama.

Women can't win against "laid back" candidates.

If women attack a "laid back" candidate the general public sees them as a "bitch".

If they're laid back they aren't "tough enough."

It's lose lose.

However vs another "fighter" like John McCain such stigmas won't attach nearly as much.

as for the "women who have lead countries in the past have not done a very good job in power" comment... I have no clue where your going with on that one.  However I could name a few to the contrary.  There are more... but this is off the top of my head.

Keep in mind too that the troubles a woman head of state face are greater then that of a man's simply due to confidence issues and it makes their achivements even greater.

Queen Elizabeth, Indira Gandi, Benazar Bhutto was loved too but i can't comment on her competency.

numonex said:

Have you ever heard about Angela Merkel or Margaret Thatcher ?

Ok that wasn't most powerfull countries in the world but somewhere around places 4-8 ;)

I bet Argentinians in 1980s were thinking that weak female prime minister is not going to do anything against them :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
numonex said:

Ok that wasn't most powerfull countries in the world but somewhere around places 4-8 ;)

I bet Argentinians in 1980s were thinking that weak female prime minister is not going to do anything against them :D

From what i can tell... the domestic opinion on Margaret Thatcher greatly varies from international opinion.

In general the english people i've talked to seem to range from "Dislike" to "Hate".

Even though she's thought of well internationally.

Kasz216 said:
Zlejedi said:
numonex said:

From what i can tell... the domestic opinion on Margaret Thatcher greatly varies from international opinion.

In general the english people i've talked to seem to range from "Dislike" to "Hate".

Even though she's thought of well internationally.

That's nowhere near suprising considering how conservatist she was and how many unpopular decisions she made that needed to be done.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB