By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Confirm 2 New Channels

LINK:

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1357

ARTICLE:

If Nintendo’s efforts in creating useful new Wii Channels haven’t floated your highly-expectant boat in regard to updates, then the firm’s latest news - improvements to the Virtual console Channel and a TV scheduler for your console, might help change your mind.

Japanese magazine Famitsu reports that an update to the Virtual Console and WiiWare services will, from December, allow users to buy and send videogaming gifts to their fellow Wii owners.

The second announcement is of a TV programme schedule channel, a service that will allow Wii owners to download listings for the moving picture box in order to plan their daily viewing.

“We think this will be a breakthrough in encouraging customers to spread news of fun games word of mouth. We also hope to spur more users to connect their Wiis to the Internet.” commented president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata noted.

…As long as the lure of TV doesn’t pull them away from their Wiis, eh, Mr. I?

OPINION:

zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Honestly guys I could careless.  A tv channel? wtf nintendo.

*yahn* what to you guys/girls/gballzack think? 

Around the Network

THEY NEED MORE DS WII INTERACTIVITY!!!!!

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

flamevizier_34 said:

Have to remember this lol.

It is not a bad thing to have Wii Channels :s;

zackblue said:

YUP! And that is why SONY is better!

how about a hard drive channel so I can download more songs for GH3 like the other 2 systems...

Around the Network

Actually...

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/10/27/nintendo-finds-hard-drive-unnecessary/

konnichiwa said:
flamevizier_34 said:

Have to remember this lol.

It is not a bad thing to have Wii Channels :s;

yea its true that we should be more thankful, but with the lack of a harddrive, more junk becomes a bad thing. :3

cool48 said:
zackblue said:

YUP! And that is why SONY is better!

May I remind you that Nintendo already did that. It was Game Boy Advance to Nintendo GameCube connectivity. It was poorly done. Also, at least Nintendo is trying (but they should really release a 5GB HDD for Wii).

A DS-Wii demo channel has been confirmed I think. Also Check-Mii-Out is bound to come out sometime along with Wii Ware games at the end of the year. We're set :)

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

@ Snesboy,

I know that Nintendo already had the GBA and GC connectivity and I also agree that they are trying to get the DS and WII to connect, but the keyword is "trying" and not "accomplished".