By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SHOWDOWN. Modern Warfare 2 vs. Killzone 2. GRAPHICS

LOL...my eyes aren't that great, because they all look to be the same.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

@heruamon

don't compare the pics, that kresh guy posted...they suck

KZ2 looks much better in motion.

I got both game and played them both.
I was kind of excited for MW2 but when i played it i didn't see a drastic improvement because it looked the the same as COD4.
But when i played KZ2 i was BLOWN AWAY and to be honest am kind of Shock seeing how these 360 fanboys saying MW2 Graphically beats KZ2.
VgChart always seem to amaze me haha

PSN: HienTran2691

XBL: IVietCong

^^
you mean fanboys amaze you.

Edit: Deleted. I think I got my point across. No need to say any more.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
@heruamon

don't compare the pics, that kresh guy posted...they suck

KZ2 looks much better in motion.

Since I've not played KZ2, I can't compare the 2 games, but I was chuckling at his comments about how KZ2 clearly looked better, based on the screenshots he posted...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Ignorant people such as him are always in denial. They just refuse to accept that the PS3 exclusive has better graphics.
They will do anything to prove their point.

Let's face it, no multiplatform title will trumph KZ2 / U2 graphic wise this generation, because Xbox is pretty much at it's maximum, considering graphical performance.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

no matter how much I love killzone 2, I think people really over state how good the visuals are, granted the game looks great, but it is the most colorless game on the planet, even less colorful than madworld, everything looks so monochromatic and dead (and as we all know less colorful textures compress more easily)
plus some effects look downright bad, like fire, the balcony scene near the end of the game is a prime example, if your not worried about spoilers, or have played the game through, watch the last fight, the fire looks like a cycling bitmap,
coupled with the 30 fps at best with loads of frame rate issues it is a great looking game, but a lot of people are just glazing over its flaws
modern warfare 2 on the other hand, which I can't stand, does look comparable in those screens that are posted with more colorful and alive worlds,
plus it runs at about twice the framerate, which means that it is drawing everything 2 times for killzone 2 drawing once
plus showing just still to prove a point does nothing, there is more to visuals than just still appearance, if that is all that matter the sega master system would have been nearly on par with the genesis and snes, but the games with great still ran at appalling frame rates
regardless I like killzone 2 more and would much rather be playing than mw2

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
no matter how much I love killzone 2, I think people really over state how good the visuals are, granted the game looks great, but it is the most colorless game on the planet, even less colorful than madworld, everything looks so monochromatic and dead (and as we all know less colorful textures compress more easily)
plus some effects look downright bad, like fire, the balcony scene near the end of the game is a prime example, if your not worried about spoilers, or have played the game through, watch the last fight, the fire looks like a cycling bitmap,
coupled with the 30 fps at best with loads of frame rate issues it is a great looking game, but a lot of people are just glazing over its flaws
modern warfare 2 on the other hand, which I can't stand, does look comparable in those screens that are posted with more colorful and alive worlds,
plus it runs at about twice the framerate, which means that it is drawing everything 2 times for killzone 2 drawing once
plus showing just still to prove a point does nothing, there is more to visuals than just still appearance, if that is all that matter the sega master system would have been nearly on par with the genesis and snes, but the games with great still ran at appalling frame rates
regardless I like killzone 2 more and would much rather be playing than mw2

Long story short, you don't like the art direction. We're talking technically.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!