By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SHOWDOWN. Modern Warfare 2 vs. Killzone 2. GRAPHICS

numonex said:

The graphics comparison in the OP clearly shows Killzone 2 has much better graphics than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 when comparing similar screenshots. Screenshots can be doctored. Are the screenshots in the same resolution/settings? Could it be HD Killzone 2 screen shots versus SD Modern Warfare 2 screen shots?

Killzone 2 is a very good game. I was impressed with it: Alt 2 controls FTW. Campaign a bit too short, ended very abruptly. Killzone 2 has better graphics than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 according to widespread opinion on these game forums.
I have not played COD: MW2 yet but it apparently has a very short campaign in it as well.

A PS3 exclusive game is expected to have better graphics than a multi-platform game. 4 years from first announcement to start and finish Killzone 2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 start to finish less than 18 months.

So true.

@ Kresh

You do realise that COD MW2 frames per second are very inconsistent and very rarly ever reach 60? i think it like averages 45 or something. Thats the 360 version. the PS3 version is like 40 i think but dont take it as fact because its been like two days since i read it.

I am sure KZ2 would be able to reach the same FPS had it been 600p instead 720p. Just because the mood in KZ2 is dark and depressing it makes it unrealistic?

Helgan isnt suppsoed to be like earth. More like a mars kind of place. And have you seen the daytime seens in KZ2 by the way?

Just asking thats all

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

This has turned into a X360 vs PS3 discussion.

Online for MW2 has a bit of slowdown for me when there is a lot of activity around me. Anyone else notice this?

I need to go back and play KZ2 story after reading this thread too.

pariz said:
This has turned into a X360 vs PS3 discussion.

Predictably.  Also, the fact most people equate graphics with a preference is also the problem.  Graphics should be a factual analysis of lighting, draw distance, textures, resolution, fps, etc.  Anyone who understands this knows that from a pure technical perspective KZ2 is graphically superior to MW2.

Heck, IW themselves have stated that gameplay and 'feel' is more important to them than graphics - i.e. admiting they are not trying to be the best graphically, just very good, which they are.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

damn, i dont know why mw2 is so overhyped
i have been playing the game on multiplayer and the only thing that is impressive about it is the upgrade of the weapons
the damn game is not even addictive
the controls are good but they respond weird, graphics is ok
all and all, i expected much more from this game and it failed to impress me.....

Around the Network

average fps for xbox 360 is ~56 fps according to beyond3d i believe.

i havent experienced any lag or slow-downs or whatsoever on my 360 copy.
its 1 of the smoothest games i have played, thats maybe why i like it so much.

Kresh3 said:

I haven't experienced any non-smoothness on KZ2 so your framerate points are moot. Go buy a ps3, and actually play KZ2 and you will understand, well maybe not as you appear quite set in your ways... Playing it once, at a friends house, is not enough to justify all the bashing of it you are doing here for no reason. And where is all this dynamic lighting in MW2 that is OH sooo much better than KZ2's? I finished it last night and while there were many wow scenes, I never got a sense of "omg, this is the best lighting ever!" Whereas in KZ2, there were a lot of places where the sun would shine through windows, grates, open roofs and give you a cool lighting effects.

Kresh3 said:

yh your right lol

360 ran at 56.44

ps3 ran at 51.82

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st