By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New super mario bros Wii on metacritic.

I hope Metacritic doesn't count that review from nowgamer.

Also TGoRB, that makes perfect sense!™

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I don't understand how Call of Duty: Modern warfare 1.5 got eight 100% scores on metacritic.

Wait, I do understand, Activision just bought these reviews.

Reviews shouldn't be trusted, no game can be perfect. You can only give a game a perfect score if there isn't a single flaw in the game, not even a small one. So these so called professional reviewers are telling me that there isn't a single flaw in modern warfare 1.5? There is 0 lag online? The graphics are the best ever seen? The singleplayer is longer then 5 hours? It's not a linear single player game? It does a whole lot of new things?

How can you give a game a perfect score with obvious flaws like this? I'm not saying this game is bad, I'm just saying that a perfect score is a no can do.

what? There is more new content in the cod games than there is in any nintendo game.

they wrote the book on rehashing.

Nintendogamer said:
EL_PATRAS said:
pretty harsh review from edge. Are they butthurt or something?

EDGE are known to be harsh with their reviewes, They gave dead space Extration 8/10! not that I  expetcted more it's just that they gave it more than one of the most anticipated games of 2009 with the most notable gaming charcter aka NSMBwii

That doesn't bode well. If I had to review that game I would of given Dead Space Extraction a 4. That has got toeb the worst game of this genereation. I want my money back.

Soap_McTavish said:
Samus Aran said:

I don't understand how Call of Duty: Modern warfare 1.5 got eight 100% scores on metacritic.

Wait, I do understand, Activision just bought these reviews.

Reviews shouldn't be trusted, no game can be perfect. You can only give a game a perfect score if there isn't a single flaw in the game, not even a small one. So these so called professional reviewers are telling me that there isn't a single flaw in modern warfare 1.5? There is 0 lag online? The graphics are the best ever seen? The singleplayer is longer then 5 hours? It's not a linear single player game? It does a whole lot of new things?

How can you give a game a perfect score with obvious flaws like this? I'm not saying this game is bad, I'm just saying that a perfect score is a no can do.

what? There is more new content in the cod games than there is in any nintendo game.

they wrote the book on rehashing.

Did I talk about Nintendo games in my post?

The human brain is something special indeed...

Ps: I think Nintendo does a good job in combining the retro feelings of a game with some new and refreshing content. Metroid franchise is the perfect example of this. And I think it's rather hard to find new content for Mario unless you want to turn Mario in to a first person shooter. Hey, I'm open for everything, but I really hate most first person shooters(that I've played). 

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
rastari said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Edge aren't butthurt, they just use the actual 1-10 point scale, contrary to everyone else.

Nowadays, a 6/10 is a horrible score, when it's supposed to be above average (since 5 is the average). Edge still view scores this way, but nobody else does, thus they come off as harsh.

yet they still give games 10 despite the fact that no game can be perfect, i'm sorry but edge are just plain inconstant.

10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect. There would be no point for 10 to even exist if it meant perfect since perfection is pretty much impossible to achieve. I'm fairly certan that a 10 to Edge is a masterpiece, somethng that truly stands above any other game of it's time.

Why don't they just make review scores that can go up to 11 !!?

Around the Network

This is the first gen I only go after "user reviews"... too much "moneyhatting" this gen.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

c03n3nj0 said:

Hm, 85 is good. I definitely think it'll go higher as we get more reviews for the game. Honestly, I don't even look at reviews for games likes this, games I know I will enjoy.

Me too, this games shouldn't go below 90% at all.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

redspear said:
Nintendogamer said:
EL_PATRAS said:
pretty harsh review from edge. Are they butthurt or something?

EDGE are known to be harsh with their reviewes, They gave dead space Extration 8/10! not that I  expetcted more it's just that they gave it more than one of the most anticipated games of 2009 with the most notable gaming charcter aka NSMBwii

That doesn't bode well. If I had to review that game I would of given Dead Space Extraction a 4. That has got toeb the worst game of this genereation. I want my money back.

Crazy I know, they give dead space extraction an 8 and NSMBwii 7 which means they think Dead space extraction is better then NSMBWii that's when I got confused.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

SmokedHostage said:

I take it nowgamer gave it a bad score :(

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
SmokedHostage said:

I take it nowgamer gave it a bad score :(

7.7 :@, it asks at the bottom if anyone notices any mistakes in the review, too right there is :L.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d