By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New super mario bros Wii on metacritic.

Xen said:

The way it looks, it's not worthy of a console release. To me, it will always look as a half-assed effort that doesn't belong on a home console.

And no, I haven't played it still. I will soon, but heck, it's the same thing as the DS version, just on a home console with multiplayer. How different it really is?

All new levels, bosses reintroduced from the SNES era, new story, new multi-player modes, new graphics, new characters, and more. I'd say it is 100% different really. Of course you likely already knew that.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
Nick said:
BladeOfGod said:
@Nick
well, maybe, just MAYBE MW2 is NOT OVERRATED and it DESERVES the scores it gets, and IT IS AN IMPROVEMENT over COD 4. Have you ever thought of that??? Have you ever thought that lots of HD games are getting good scores NOT because of graphics but because of other important things???

I have thought of that.  In fact, if you would like to reread my posts, you will find that I never claimed that it was overrated or that it didn't deserve the scores it's gotten so far.  I simply pointed out that some people in this thread don't feel that MW2 deserves the scores it's received and that they may be justified.

Just because people don't think MW2 deserves perfect scores doesn't mean they don't think it's a good game and it doesn't mean they have some sort of score envy between MW2 and NSMB.  It really seems that you are creating your own reality simply to start an argument. 

Wii master said:

lol MW2 sucks it doesn't even deserve all the perfect scores

Samus Aran said:

I don't understand how Call of Duty: Modern warfare 1.5 got eight 100% scores on metacritic.

The Gost of RubangB said:

Modern Warfare is going from 32 players to 18 players. That's  43.75 % decrease

And my question wasn't just for you but for all people who think MW2 is ''overrated'' here

Only one of those posts is actually saying MW2 sucks.  The other 2 posts are, for whatever reason, only pointing out that they don't think it deserves a perfect score.  So if you take issue with what Wii Master said you should address your post @ him and not me.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

hsrob said:
ctalkeb said:
15 pages b/c someone scores a game differently than the metacritic average?

No, a thread to keep track of and discuss the reviews that contribute to the game's Metacritic score.

That's legitimate, I just feel that there's far too little of that discussion.

For myself, I don't think scores are anywhere near as interesting as the actual review text.

rastari said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Edge aren't butthurt, they just use the actual 1-10 point scale, contrary to everyone else.

Nowadays, a 6/10 is a horrible score, when it's supposed to be above average (since 5 is the average). Edge still view scores this way, but nobody else does, thus they come off as harsh.

yet they still give games 10 despite the fact that no game can be perfect, i'm sorry but edge are just plain inconstant.

Why wouldnt they be able to give a great game a 10? Whats the point of having a 1-10 point scale if they cant give a great game a 10. I know that no game is perfect. If the scoring scale was based on your logic then there would only be 1-9 point scales since no game is perfect.

I'm just commenting 2 bookmark the page.I'll comment seriously later.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

Updated, score is now 88%.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I don't even know half of this reviewers...

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
BladeOfGod said:
@Nick
well, maybe, just MAYBE MW2 is NOT OVERRATED and it DESERVES the scores it gets, and IT IS AN IMPROVEMENT over COD 4. Have you ever thought of that??? Have you ever thought that lots of HD games are getting good scores NOT because of graphics but because of other important things???

When reviewers specifically mention games like GTA and Halo IN their reviews for Wii games as a comparison for graphics and make pop shots to Wii games like WiiMusic and WiiFit consantly even when talking about other games (making it clear that they are comparing every game to WiiFit and consider the Wii as a whole a joke), its evident where the reviewers stand.  Heck, its become so bad that reviewers just use a cop out now where if a game HAS some form of 'waggle' or does something innovative, they claim it 'isn't innovative enough'.  Yet if a game doesn't try to implement these features, such as a game like Muramasa or Little King Story, they say the game 'lacks innovation'.  The Wii is stuck in a catch 22, whereas the HD systems are getting a free ride of hype and publicity generated by the reviewers love of graphics and name brands. 

Hell, a game with the quality and name brand power of MGSIV or Final Fantasy XIII could come out on the Wii now and they'd probably downscore it to a 9.3.  Whereas games on the PS2 were generating scores up in the 9.8s by the end of its life cycle despite having FAR inferior graphics for its time.  We'll be lucky if Monster Hunter Tri or Dragon Quest X can even surpass 9.0 at this rate.

It takes some pretty heavy blinders not to see what's going on.

Can you try to keep your claptrap theories to yourself, please? I can't spare any more brain cells reading them.

Then don't read it.  No one is asking you to.

Seeing as other people are posting similar complaints against reviewers in this thread and other threads, you should have noticed by now its not just me stating these things.

And I won't make any comments about your brain cells, deal?

"PS2 games were critically acclaimed last gen but they didn't have the best graphics. Now HD games are acclaimed and they have amazing graphics. ZOMG, conspiracy!"

WTF?

Okay then. If graphics, hype, brand power and not being on the Wii are the criteria for a AAA game why is Resident Evil 5 all the way down at 85 on Metacritic, lower than NSMB Wii?

Funny, reviewers downscored RE5 because it was too much of the same thing compared to RE4.  One of the highest rated GameCube and Wii games out there.  And this has nothing to do with what I've been saying, its a completely cherry picked example of an HD game that was hyped but scored lower than expected.  However, reviewers on the whole downscore games when they are a sequel and too much like their predecessor, or seemingly too much like their predecessor.

Look what they're doing to New Super Mario Bros Wii.  Eventhough it clearly has a ton of new content, new power-ups and double the levels, it got downscored compared to NSMB on the DS and compared to a lot of other 2D Mario games.  For being 'more of the same'.  Its the same for RE5.  However, for Wii games, scores get lowered much more often, and for reasons other than the 'sequel' effect.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I just stopped by metacritic to take a look at scores. First off, I like how MW2 gets a much more modest score for the PC version, which is pretty much the definitive version. MW2 gets some pitiful user scores though regardless of system, PC has the lowest, probably because of the gimped multi-player issues. NSMBWii also has a modest metascore at 88 and a user score of 94.

Hmmm, is there a disconnect between gaming critics and players, or is there some serious money inflating things for some games and not for others? Or are there just a disproportionate amount of PS360 critics out there as compared to Wii critics. What so very striking about MW2 is how much lower the PC version is scoring, again the definitive version getting a lower score? Something smells fishy.

Muahaha!

The score of the game is slowly going up. Two more 'till a 90!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."