By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (11/2 – 11/8)

The battle of Japan heating up again with PS3 and Wii. Should be a nice finish to the yr.

Around the Network

@ClaudeLv250, when do you expect PS3 to go to sub 10k level in Japan? In which month?
And if it won`t go to sub 10k level, then what you gonna say?

PS3 is now affordable and cost only 29,980 yen. What are the reasons for PS3 to go to low levels, when it reached mass market price? Or price doesn`t matter for PS3 sales? That`s why PS3 still constantly outselling Wii since September?

Also, to add to Claude's note, every console will go under 10k. A new generation of hardware enters the market, and demand for the Wii and PS3 will fall below 1k a week. Tragic, I know.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
elzumo said:

I wonder how much longer Marvelous can stay in business with their games selling like they are...Sakura Note looks good too, gives me a Contact vibe.

Hmm...their games sell badly in Japan but they've had success in the West.

Poor guys make good games too. They just keep creating games in the hopes that their talent will eventually develop into a strong brand name like Capcom. They try with several IPs in order to eventually stumble upon a hit game.

I may be wrong, but I think for now, their leadership IP is No More Heroes.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ps3 sales don't look like a trend now.

Around the Network

PS3 now the #1 choice home console in Japan? I think so.

ZorroX said:
@ClaudeLv250, when do you expect PS3 to go to sub 10k level in Japan? In which month?
And if it won`t go to sub 10k level, then what you gonna say?

PS3 is now affordable and cost only 29,980 yen. What are the reasons for PS3 to go to low levels, when it reached mass market price? Or price doesn`t matter for PS3 sales? That`s why PS3 still constantly outselling Wii since September?

ROFFLE! That's not mass market price and if the PS3 does drop back to10k levels I doubt you'll stick around to acknowledge it.

And don't people get tired of talking about PS3 "constantly outselling the Wii" and then being wrong for the rest of the year? We just went through this earlier in the year when the PS3 was "constantly outselling theWii" on the backs of games like Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5. And predictably itdropped right back to under 20k and suddenly all that arrogance deflated like a pathetic balloon.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

tedsteriscool said:

Lets wait and see what happens when Wii gets some games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
tedsteriscool said:

Okay, just don't jump over claims of domination once NSMB Wii hits, because PS3 will do the same a month later with FF XIII.

Soriku said:
tedsteriscool said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tedsteriscool said:

Okay, just don't jump over claims of domination once NSMB Wii hits, because PS3 will do the same a month later with FF XIII.

NSMB Wii actually releases in Dec in Japan... (Dec 3)

Oh yep, my bad. I wonder why it's taking 2.5 weeks longer to hit Japan?