By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 200,000 PC Gamers Signed Petition Against MW2

Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:
lol at all these pirates whining about a game that they're stealing.

lol at sweeping and completely baseless generalizations

The large majority of PC gamers are pirates, especially guys that play shooters, so it's pretty safe to say that the majority of those who signed the petition are pirates.

Since shooters are considered hardcore, you're saying majority of hardcore gamers are pirates. Who are these people that are buying MW2? Probably the casuals.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:

The large majority of PC gamers are pirates, especially guys that play shooters, so it's pretty safe to say that the majority of those who signed the petition are pirates.

So true... I mean they couldnt possibly sign it because they were looking forward to the game only to find out three weeks before it was released that the PC version was completely gimped?

Fact is that it isnt easy to get a game running on a pirate server, even after bypassing steam... ever consider that the people signing the petitions were just generally pissed off at how they were being treated?

Galaki said:
Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:

Since shooters are considered hardcore, you're saying majority of hardcore gamers are pirates. Who are these people that are buying MW2? Probably the casuals.

On PC, of course. All the people I've come in contact with who play PC games have been at least moderate if not huge pirates. And this is in Sweden which is an extremely rich country.

Yet, there exists people who buy games from time to time, and is the reason why MW2 PC version has sold some copies (a couple of millions if not more). But they are a minority, especially from a global perspective (include South America, Russia, Poliand and others who are big PC gaming nations).

Oh that's so immature.

Just don't buy the game already.

IW can do as they want.

Signing a petition is ok but going on websites like amazon and metacritic to give a bad score is stupid.

Why is it stupid? It's giving a warning to people that don't know about the gimping of the game to avoid it. Let's face it, you can't exactly rely on the tame gaming press to report these sort of things adequately, at least not if they want exclusives and the likes from the publishers.

Around the Network

I could write a macro to add about 10,000 more pretty easily.

Do it, then.

Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:

Of course we are.

And of course, all Wii gamers are either children or grandmothers, all 360 gamers have owned at least three of the console due to the RROD.  Stereotypes ftw!

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

I will write the macro and you run it :) petitiononline didn't like it when I altered their encoding key and tried to send the request. That would have allowed me to use an actual language to make the requests. But a simple macro can do it. Just have to make up e-mail addresses and hope they are correct. Some simple ones like John@hotmail.com and then John1@hotmail.com, etc., etc.

jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:

Of course we are.

And of course, all Wii gamers are either children or grandmothers, all 360 gamers have owned at least three of the console due to the RROD.  Stereotypes ftw!

Pretty much, yeah. Not all, but the majority are.