By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 200,000 PC Gamers Signed Petition Against MW2

Over 200,000 PC games signed the petition against the removal of dedicated servers in MW2, and it's still counting. This is a huge success for the PC community, and shows the dissatisfaction of PC gamers towards Infinity Ward.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw

Around the Network

Wowza. If just 10% of those are real, Activision stands to lose out on a lot of sales.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I agree with Malstrom on this, when he says if there´s anything good that might come from this situation, is that a lot of gamers might wake up to the fact all these gaming companies are not their 'friends', they´re just walking $$$ signs to companies (something that should be common sense by now, but it isn´t for some reason).

And as such, "vote" with their money...very unhappy with the situation?..don´t buy the game, you´ve done your 'part'.

lol at all these pirates whining about a game that they're stealing.

Slimebeast said:

So why is MW2 doing much worse than COD4?

Around the Network
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

So why is MW2 doing much worse than COD4?

Is it?

Slimebeast said:

lol at sweeping and completely baseless generalizations

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

why is it sweeping and baseless? a lot of these petitions come off as "I hate that I can't mod this game. I'm going to pirate it, but this time I am going to leverage my moral standard to above the game company so its more okay"

jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:

lol at sweeping and completely baseless generalizations

The large majority of PC gamers are pirates, especially guys that play shooters, so it's pretty safe to say that the majority of those who signed the petition are pirates.

I actually feel bad for the pc community, for years they have been the bread and butter for these companies and now the companies are walking away, it does suck. I switched to console gaming about 5 years ago and I have been happy with the choice. It appears that IW is also making that choice now as MW2 is clearly designed more for the console audience and if that's what they want to do the it's their right, but I still think it sucks that the PC gamers are getting left out in the rain. Hopefully another company will come along and give PC gamers something to enjoy.