By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - $99 for an X-Box 360.... Smart move? Or an act of desperation?

libellule said:
For me, it would show 3 things :

- they can do it
- they believe they need it
- they want more marketshare

that is all.

"desesperation" can also be used because the console is already the cheapiest one
but it is obvious MS is not "really" desesperate, they would only want
less revenue now, more hardware sales now, more software sales later !

I think this covers my thoughts pretty well.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

i don't see why it would be considered desperation, it's very temporary and MS is making money in the gaming division. They probably struck a deal with walmart where they only pay part of the $100. As long as they are making money i don't see how i could be considered desperate. Selling the xbox at $200 to match the ps2 was desperate, this is not.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I was just thinking....Imagine MS dropping 360 price to $50 to battle a $149 Wii and $199 ps3 that would be too epic to see.

Nothing to see here...Microsoft will be at the bottom of the weekly hardware sales tables for the rest of this gen

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Bladeforce,
I think the PS2 will be below the 360 in the HW sales table ;P

Around the Network

They make a lot of money of live subscriptions, which probably gives them a lot more flexibility in pricing.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Frinaldo said:
This is a dumb post. People can come up with 'what if' about anything

What if Microsoft would buy Square Enix

What if Microsoft would buy Capcom

What if Nintendo Wii was only $50

I lol'd.