By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is there a gaymers group?

^Wow never knew there was so much gay/bi people on this site, cool :)

Around the Network

gaymers group? wtf my first time hearing of this shit

SimonSaysFYou said:
lol this thread made me lawl. why does it even matter why there's a list?

Is hatmoza really gay/bi? Just wondering.

I'm actually a girl. shhh don't tell anyone

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Baddman said:
gaymers group? wtf my first time hearing of this shit

Really? You've been on this site for over a year dude!

zexen_lowe said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Kamal said:

It's not like your a minority in this forum, quite the opposite actually.

I agree. 

And where is the straight gamers group? Its prejudice that us straight members don't have a group. 

You're welcome to start it, why not?

I guess I could. Of course due to double standards it would look bad though. Same as its okay to say black power, but if you say white power your automatically KKK. 

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
dtewi said:
nightsurge said:

This is slightly off topic, but does the phrase "That's gay" or whatever really offend homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual individuals? Yeah sure "gay" in this context has negative connotations, but the word gay never meant homosexual in the first place. It only became an insult for homosexuals when a few authors (early to late 1800's I think) used the term "gay cat" to refer to a homosexual male. I find it odd that the community as a whole has adopted a transformed insult as their main nomenclature.

Now if people were saying "That's homo" or "That's lesbian" then I'd see everything wrong with it. But when the word "gay" developed as an insult (after origianlly meaning happy and joyful), I do not see how it is wrong to use it in a negative sense of conversation. "Gay" is just a generic insult/negative word these days. Why don't homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, etc. just start going by their official nomenclature rather than the word that used to mean happiness and joy that got transformed into an insult on their community?

You don't see how it is wrong?

When the word "gay" is used negatively, it connotates abnormality or stupidity. Obviously, this stems from bigotry of the gay community. It is negative to use it because it can be hurtful to gay people and the overall usage of it is not helpful to the gay community.

Just because many people use it as a generic insult that does not make it okay. If a lot of people started saying "That's so Mexican", would you think there's anything wrong with it?

But what I'm saying is there is no "gay" people.  There are homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, etc.

If people started using "That's so Mexican" or "that's so Canadian" or w/e I would see something wrong with it because it is directly referencing the official name of a group of people.  I guess the way I see it is that homosexuals, lesbians, et. all should just stop using the term gay to incorrectly describe them and use the official formal term.  That'd dissolve any connection between "That's gay" and them.  And lets face it, no one is going to stop everyone from saying "That's gay" or "that's retarded", so it'd make more sense and cause less drama this way.

Going by that logic, saying "That's so gay" would be the equivalent of saying "That's so nigger".

And would any half-civilised person even consider saying that?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Chairman-Mao said:
zexen_lowe said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Kamal said:

I agree. 

And where is the straight gamers group? Its prejudice that us straight members don't have a group. 

I guess I could. Of course due to double standards it would look bad though. Same as its okay to say black power, but if you say white power your automatically KKK. 

Well, I certainly wouldn't say anything, I'd be a hypocrite if being a member of the gaymer group I frowned upon someone else wanting to express his/her sexual preference. That's something I know for sure, I can't speak for other people though

Chairman-Mao said:
zexen_lowe said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Kamal said:

I agree. 

That would be because white people have never been in a minority, and have never been discriminated against.

Were this Noughts and Crosses, and they finally got their civil rights in check, it would be perfectly acceptable to make a Nought pride group, but a Cross pride group...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

trashleg said:
i would say there are definitely more gaymers than girls on this site.

and no, axumblade, i do not plan to start a "girl gamer" club anytime soon

i like that there's a gaymer list. and hatmoza, why you aren't on it yet i have no idea!

AXUMBLADE, PLEASE PUT HATMOZA ON THAT LIST?!?!

Why would hatmoza go on it?

He's not gay.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
trashleg said:
i would say there are definitely more gaymers than girls on this site.

and no, axumblade, i do not plan to start a "girl gamer" club anytime soon

i like that there's a gaymer list. and hatmoza, why you aren't on it yet i have no idea!

AXUMBLADE, PLEASE PUT HATMOZA ON THAT LIST?!?!

Why would hatmoza go on it?

He's not gay.

for all intents and purposes... haha. have you SEEN the posts he leaves on the gaymers walls (and even some non-gaymers) :-O

i object to there being a "straight" gamer list. because the greedy bisexuals would be able to join that too. huff.

k.o.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.