By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disgusted by the terrorist level in MW2?

I cant wait to get some head shot on some kids. There will be kids to shoot right.

No such thing as bad publicity, that why they made that level.

Around the Network

WANTING TO AVOID SPOILERS

It's optional. And they didn't put it in for fun, there is clearly a reason they will include it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Honestly, i fail to see how playing a terrorist in a game is any different then playing any main character in a GTA game.

Not to mention the large rise in games with an "evil" path where your usually burning down orphanages and killing random people.

Oddly, i find it harder and harder to take the "evil" paths as i get older though.

It's only a big issue because it's at an airport and it's a terrorist attack. I hope that if you skip the section, it shows a movie of it instead, because I've never liked killing innocents in games.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

I think I will find it more shocking then killing people in GTA III. Disgusting nah,

The reason it is so controversial has nothing to do with the fact it is at an airport, if it were at a shopping center or any other crowded public place it would be the same. The controversial factor is that you are FORCED to kill innocents to proceed. This is something that GTA does not make you do, you can go through the entire GTA experience without ever killing an innocent. Infact if IW hadn't allowed you to skip this part of the game i imagine it would have been refused classification in many regions.

Don't get me wrong though, i personally have nothing against this. After all, it's just a game.

eggs2see said:
The reason it is so controversial has nothing to do with the fact it is at an airport, if it were at a shopping center or any other crowded public place it would be the same. The controversial factor is that you are FORCED to kill innocents to proceed. This is something that GTA does not make you do, you can go through the entire GTA experience without ever killing an innocent. Infact if IW hadn't allowed you to skip this part of the game i imagine it would have been refused classification in many regions.

Don't get me wrong though, i personally have nothing against this. After all, it's just a game.

You're not forced to do anything. You are given the option to skip it. Even if you don't, you don't have to fire. You can just turn away.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Lamo it's just a game
So should Chinese people be disgusted by that Drangon Rising game?

i know its kind of sick but im glad they put it in the game , coz now people might start to see games as more than just little kids toys .

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent