By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve: 360 community "HEAD AND SHOULDERS above PS3"

To me, the turn 10 bitching makes more sense than the Valve one.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
Onyxmeth said:
snyperdud said:
Onyxmeth said:
snyperdud said:
Makes me wonder... How would Valve know what the PSN community is like?
They have only developed for 360/PC.

I guarantee that they don't have a KZ2 Wednesday at their offices.

Ummm...do you know what the PSN community is like?

I'm pretty sure I know it better than Valve.

Have you developed a game for the PS3?

Has Valve?

Besides, that doesn't matter. I'm just saying my personal experiences with PSN has been great.

No. Valve hasn't and you haven't. However you used the logic that Valve has to have created a PS3 game to have an opinion of the PSN community, when I know fully well all it takes is a $300 purchase and the ability to go online. If you and I can know what the community is like without having developed on the PS3, then why can't the employees of Valve?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Ajescent said:
To me, the turn 10 bitching makes more sense than the Valve one.

Turn 10 didn't bitch about the console first, then when that was proven wrong they didn't instead go for the community.

They just bitched about a franchise they want to be.

Sorry, I should have specified what I meant.

Turn 10 bitched about something they had nothing to do with but on the long run you can see why because they were trying to show their product was as good as Polyphony's.

Whereas, Valve's doesn't make ANY sense.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Shoestar said:

I believe something is very fishy about Valve. They try VERY hard to justify not making games for the PS3. Even first party studios don't go as far as they do such as for example Turn 10. Maybe Microsoft has an agreement or pays for every insult?

Actually I think the media tries very hard to get an answer out of Valve involving the PS3. Have you ever seen anyone from Valve talk about the PS3 negatively outside of a Q&A session? Now can you say the same thing about Turn 10? I'd say out of the two, Turn 10 goes out of their way to promote a level of superiority of Polyphony, and Valve employees just get questioned far too often about the PS3. In fact, if no one ever asked them about Left 4 Dead not coming out on the PS3, we probably wouldn't have a single quote from them regarding it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Sorry, I should have specified what I meant.

Turn 10 bitched about something they had nothing to do with but on the long run you can see why because they were trying to show their product was as good as Polyphony's.

Whereas, Valve's doesn't make ANY sense.

Well, i agree... Turn 10 actually had a reason. Valve just seem to trash talk PS3 with any excuse they can grasp at.

First they say they wont do it because PS3 is horrible to dev on. (Then Uncharted 2 gets made in less than 2 years and blows everybody away).

Then they come up with an excuse saying PSN community is rubbish... Compared to a community overrun with teenage racists whos every other word is either "faggot" "bitch" or "fuck".

What's wrong with saying "No comment" or "it doesn't concern us?" Instead of going on some tangent that says a lot more about you than everyone else.

Onyxmeth said:
snyperdud said:
Onyxmeth said:
snyperdud said:
Onyxmeth said:
snyperdud said:
Makes me wonder... How would Valve know what the PSN community is like?
They have only developed for 360/PC.

I guarantee that they don't have a KZ2 Wednesday at their offices.

Ummm...do you know what the PSN community is like?

I'm pretty sure I know it better than Valve.

Have you developed a game for the PS3?

Has Valve?

Besides, that doesn't matter. I'm just saying my personal experiences with PSN has been great.

No. Valve hasn't and you haven't. However you used the logic that Valve has to have created a PS3 game to have an opinion of the PSN community, when I know fully well all it takes is a $300 purchase and the ability to go online. If you and I can know what the community is like without having developed on the PS3, then why can't the employees of Valve?

Because, to say that that PSN doesn't have a good enough community aspects to fully enjoy a game L4D is just plain stupid.

When a game like KZ2 can provide a great online/community experience that is on par with any online game that I've played on the 360 that proves it right there.

This would be like Naughty Dog saying Uncharted 2 online wouldn't work well on XBL because of the community.

Even though, they haven't even attempted nor have any intentions of attempting.

Seems really stupid to make a comment like that to me.

Ajescent said:
What's wrong with saying "No comment" or "it doesn't concern us?" Instead of going on some tangent that says a lot more about you than everyone else.

There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not saying what Gabe Newell said in the past was smart, but it's not like he stood on a pedestal at a press conference and belted these quotes out, which is the impression I've gotten from many people in this thread. I've seen the words "PR", "going out of their way", etc. used.

In fact, people are still holding Gabe Newell to comments he made years ago, when his interviews in the last few months have been very nice and apologetic towards PS3 owners. But we'll remember what interviews we choose to remember right? Whichever give us the best advantage to remain bitter and angry?

Onyxmeth said:
Shoestar said:

I believe something is very fishy about Valve. They try VERY hard to justify not making games for the PS3. Even first party studios don't go as far as they do such as for example Turn 10. Maybe Microsoft has an agreement or pays for every insult?

Actually I think the media tries very hard to get an answer out of Valve involving the PS3. Have you ever seen anyone from Valve talk about the PS3 negatively outside of a Q&A session? Now can you say the same thing about Turn 10? I'd say out of the two, Turn 10 goes out of their way to promote a level of superiority of Polyphony, and Valve employees just get questioned far too often about the PS3. In fact, if no one ever asked them about Left 4 Dead not coming out on the PS3, we probably wouldn't have a single quote from them regarding it.

hahahah, that crack me up LOL