By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How did you come up with your forum name?

I'm known to my friends as that guy who can talk like Smeagol / Gollum from The Lord of the Rings films, so there's always been that connection. Then one day we were playing a game of football and we needed a team name. So since I was the team captain, I decided that we would be The Golden Smeagols. We all laughed at its absurdity and played the game.

Later on, I decided that TheGoldenSmeagol would be a great game name, so I used it for a couple games (shortened to TGS, some of you saw that as my Brawl name) and a couple of forums. Some guys I befriended on the forum shortened my name, some called me just Smeagol... some TGS... and one guy called me Smeags, and I really liked that. So here I am as Smeags.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

@trashleg:

Chuck would try to roundkick it, it's from Eastern Europe, so it's stuff for the bad guys

it's probably actually just made from Chuck Norris's sweat or something.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Kamal said:

I know it's lame, don't have to rub it in

Your name means "perfection"

How is that lame :O

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

This is gonna sound retarted as hell but it's true. I use to play Soul Calibur II a CRAP load and i was damn good at it. My favorite characters were mitsurugi and nightmare. One day me and my friend camillio were hanging out at the park and I got in a fight with a kid in our class who is a dick who happened to be there. I fought dirty....I grabbed a thick tree branch and started beating the shit out of him and Camillio started saying I fought like a Samurai. Later that night a bunch of friends came over and we were doing Soul Calibur 2 and I was owning so camillio started fooling around doing announcments for the battles and started calling me the soul samurai and it stuck. Whenver we played games i was always called that. We were in 5th grade at the time, good memories :)

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Wait for it..wait for it...

It's my actual name!

Original as hell, I know.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
Kamal said:

I know it's lame, don't have to rub it in

Your name means "perfection"

How is that lame :O

It does? (google searchs) HOLY COW ITS MEANS PERFECTION IN ARABIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See guys comes with the package.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Well, I've been using this as an online name for about 11 years now, so I tend to try to get it everywhere I can. To date, there are only 2 places where I don't use it, and one of those 2 predates its creation for my online identity.

As for where it came from, it actually was AIM. I kept trying and trying to find a username that I could use in their system. Rejection after rejection, my mind about gave up, and went "I dunno anymore..." But something about that clicked. And figuring that 'dunno' would be taken, I just went ahead with the 001 part. And I've used it since.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Mine is my life style : Avarice= excessive or insatiable desire for wealth or gain : greediness, cupidity.
28 because well I am 28 years old currently and my psn name is Avarice1, which some ass clown has taken on this site (when I find you I am going to cut you! LOL).

Sabby is my nickname so thats how I got it.