By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ubisoft Signs Deal with Sony for exclusive AC2 ad Campaign

heruamon said:
czecherychestnut said:
heruamon said:
We will see how sales go...based on the last game...hmmmmm.....

Given that the 360 version sold 28% more than the PS3 version, when the difference in install base at the time of the games release was closer to 100% higher for 360, I'd say the last advertising arrangement worked well for Sony, and I'd say a similar effect wouldn't be unreasonable, which with the current install bases, would mean that the PS3 version will sell higher than the 360.

So, you're saying that the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version?

Worldwide, yes. But that depends on how large this advertising campaign is.

Around the Network
czecherychestnut said:
heruamon said:
czecherychestnut said:
heruamon said:

Given that the 360 version sold 28% more than the PS3 version, when the difference in install base at the time of the games release was closer to 100% higher for 360, I'd say the last advertising arrangement worked well for Sony, and I'd say a similar effect wouldn't be unreasonable, which with the current install bases, would mean that the PS3 version will sell higher than the 360.

Got it...AC2 will do better on the PS3 than the 360 WW...it's going to be interesting to see that happen.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
^^^ LOL...r u serious?

Yes. Typical microsoft advertising multi-plat games as exclusives, it's just dirty but typical microsoft.

heruamon said:
czecherychestnut said:
heruamon said:
czecherychestnut said:
heruamon said:

Got it...AC2 will do better on the PS3 than the 360 WW...it's going to be interesting to see that happen.

It's not impossible.

PS3 version has a bundle. PS3 version has exclusive content. PS3 version is getting the advertisements. PS3 itself has a fuck load of momentum lately.

I think PS3 will edge it, kinda like the Res5 PS3 vs 360.

well i guess they gotta do something considering the first ac was supposed to be ps3 exclusive had sony just tied up the rights, just like gta IV, this whole console wars thing would probably be an entirely different beast had sony secured the rights to both of those games.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

AC2 WW will definitly sell more on the PS3 than on the 360.
One reason being MW2 releases 1 week earlier and it will do a lot better on the 360 and customer that bought MW2 are less likely to purchase AC2 the following week...( not everyone buys a game a week).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Smashed said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
what a waste of money. the first AC was crap imo.

Assassin's Creed was NOT a crap game.

It also sold very well. I think Sony is smart to do this.

360 version will still outsell it, but by not a large margin as with the first game.
I thought the first one was terrible btw, so repititive.

They might also be doing this because of PSP's AC: Bloodline's.

I think this is a big mistake for Sony. Gamers will see the ads and go into the store just to realize "Hey I can get this on my 360". Rather then advertising Sony needs to play Microsoft and Nintendo's game. I remember when Nintendo signed a contract with Capcom to make RE4 GameCube exclusive for a year. Or how about Microsoft getting SplinterCell exclusively.

Sony needs to spend their money buying up exclusives. Play the same game Microsoft and Nintendo have played. Infact its a game that Sony started back in the day when they signed Square for Final Fantasy exclusives. It is in Sony's best interest to invest in getting exclusive content on the 360. Just look at Batman, PS3 gets the Joker and suddenly sales of the game on PS3 shoot through the roof.

Sony let the games advertise themselves. Focus your effort on getting the games in the first place!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer