By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ubisoft Signs Deal with Sony for exclusive AC2 ad Campaign

Soriku said:

Didn't they do the same for AC1?

I believe too and combined to the fact AC was presented as a PS3 exclusive for a while  = more sales on PS3

Time to Work !

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
Ail said:

That's actually quite a good move.

MW2 will sell more on the 360 but AC2 might actually do better on PS3. 

Different is that MW2 will sell millions more on the 360 while AC2 will probally sell few hundred thousands more if they are very lucky.

yeah, but those millions supplemental 360 sales are NOT DU TO THE NEW CoD6 BUNDLE  !!!

got it man ?

if you are not talking about the bundle, then i dont know what you are talking about lol

Time to Work !

+1000 for makingmusic476

Time to Work !

radiantshadow92 said:
Zomb1337 said:
And people say Microsoft is the only one who does things like this.

well those people were wrong, good campaigning, if this works well the ps3 version might just have longer legs than thwe 360 version

Doubt this will affect the legs at all.  They aren't going to continue the ad campaign for months after release, and that is when legs start to show.  It may affect the launch, but I don't think the effect will be as great as it might have been if they'd had an exclusive ad campaign for the first one.  Most people who will buy it at launch were fans of the first game, and they know that it is multiplatform.  Legs come from strong word of mouth, after the ad campaign has ended, and it will get that for both consoles.

We will see how sales go...based on the last game...hmmmmm.....

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
heruamon said:

Given that the 360 version sold 28% more than the PS3 version, when the difference in install base at the time of the games release was closer to 100% higher for 360, I'd say the last advertising arrangement worked well for Sony, and I'd say a similar effect wouldn't be unreasonable, which with the current install bases, would mean that the PS3 version will sell higher than the 360.

czecherychestnut said:
heruamon said:

Given that the 360 version sold 28% more than the PS3 version, when the difference in install base at the time of the games release was closer to 100% higher for 360, I'd say the last advertising arrangement worked well for Sony, and I'd say a similar effect wouldn't be unreasonable, which with the current install bases, would mean that the PS3 version will sell higher than the 360.

So, you're saying that the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Smashed said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
what a waste of money. the first AC was crap imo.

Assassin's Creed was NOT a crap game.

i agree saying crap is being too nice for it.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
lolz. Reminds me of the Need for Speed Shift ad. It shows a quote from the official PlaStation magazine and then you only see the 360 logo at the end XD

I think this kind of thing is stupid, but at least it shows that Sony is getting serious about advertising.

It is ridiculous. But microsoft started all this smoke and mirrors lark. So i suppose Sony were forced to respond.

^^^ LOL...r u serious?