By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - President of Gearbox questions Valves lack of PS3 support.

themanwithnoname said:
Blood_Tears said:
1337 Gamer said:
Let valve do what they want. They have the Talent and Catalog of games for us not to question them. It sucks for PS3 owners but any real gamer will have a gaming PC or a 360 to back it up.

Valve = Best developer of all time so their "arrogance" is completley valid.

Can you share some of that Valve kool-aid, or did you drink it all?

I don't see what's wrong with that comment, I'm sure many people would agree actually.

You gotta love the PS3 folks slagging off on Valve, but hey, these are the same guys who have no problem with Sony/Insomniac lovefest as well as Kojima (up until a few months ago), but hey, when one developer doesn't want to develop for the PS3, shame on those lazy bastards!

I agree if the fanboys would stop drinking their Haterade and actually play Valves amazing games then they would come to agree with me. God people these games run on an average computer anymore theres no excuse for you not to play them! If your a real gamer then you would definatly agree that Valve is nothing short of God as far as developers go

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Xoj said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Xoj said:
well i think it's true valve statement this gen have been nothing of fanboyish.
we have seen ps3 it's capable for, it's not them not able to do it, just closet minded to actually do it.

if they still can't do it, it's probably for the same reason gabe can't loose weight.

Hmmmmm......I wonder where insomniac fits into this...

well insomniac just don't talk shit about the 360, they just haven't developed multiplatfrom game because sony have funded all their games and owns the IPS. and ted price it's not overweight

Good enough for me, but i don't know about the J man..

gee they even have plans of going multiplaftorm next gen with a NEW GAME.

whats annoying about valve its the talk shit of ps3, as cites hard to develop as excuse not make a ps3 game when their games can run on low end 4330 ati or nvidia 9400. at 720p msx4.

If Valve does not want to work on the PS3 they do not have too. It's their choice.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

patjuan32 said:
If Valve does not want to work on the PS3 they do not have too. It's their choice.

I totally agree.

They should also stop making excuses as to why they don't develop for the PS3, that are clearly manufactured.  Unless it suits them to do so, like involves a check from MS or something. ;)

@Procrastinato

Just like Sony paid midway to keep Joker DLC exclusive to the Slim? It works both ways, and there is no proof that MS paid value.

Around the Network

One thing I'm surprised about, is that PS3 owners and fans actually hate on Valve over this.

They don't want your business, don't give it to them. Why also be spiteful?

...and make no mistake, with comments like the ones I've read from Valve....they don't want PS3fandom business. Otherwise they would have spun those opinions in a little less honest way.

They certainly don't need your business.

They do, however, make some of the best games in the industry. There's just nothing left to say. I wish Nintendo would change their mind about the PS3 and make us a HD Zelda game, but I doubt that'll happen. :P Why criticize a good gaming developer because you're loyal to what...a platform? You know, you can't actually play one of those without a game in it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
One thing I'm surprised about, is that PS3 owners and fans actually hate on Valve over this.

They don't want your business, don't give it to them. Why also be spiteful?

...and make no mistake, with comments like the ones I've read from Valve....they don't want PS3fandom business. Otherwise they would have spun those opinions in a little less honest way.

They certainly don't need your business.

They do, however, make some of the best games in the industry. There's just nothing left to say. I wish Nintendo would change their mind about the PS3 and make us a HD Zelda game, but I doubt that'll happen. :P Why criticize a good gaming developer because you're loyal to what...a platform? You know, you can't actually play one of those without a game in it.

they don't hate it over that, but the bunch PR crap they say. there is difference saying they don't make ps3 because they have deal with microsoft or something like it.

that saying bunch of lies like ps3 is not able to run it games when their games run on relative average hardware on PC, then labeling  the orange box ps3 as the stepchild version.

@XOJ

I want a link where Value is trash talking PS3, Give me a link where Gabe says "PS3 is a POS and can barely run orange box"

Garnett said:

@XOJ

I want a link where Value is trash talking PS3, Give me a link where Gabe says "PS3 is a POS and can barely run orange box"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155309

he was wrong about the ps3, right on the the wii for the wrong reasons.

Wut?

I like Valve. L4D rocks. I play it all the time.

PS3 also rocks, and is not hard to develop for. Why they talk trash about it is a mystery. Could be that they are just dumb%^$es, from a tech perspective, and their egos don't allow them to admit it, or opinionated fanboys (which is kinda the same thing). That or moneyhatting... lots of possibilities. I can't think of a "good" reason though. Not one.