By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GameStop: Borderlands Has Strong Sales Legs

GameStop: Borderlands Has Strong Sales Legs

Scribblenauts also expected to perform well this holiday.

November 3, 2009 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 won't be the only title moving units this holiday season.

Speaking to IGN, GameStop VP of Merchandising and Marketing Tony Bartel spoke briefly about a few titles with strong sales that may have flown under people's radar.

"A game that has shown strong legs and will continue to grow is Borderlands from 2K," Bartel said. "That's been a very strong title."

Borderlands' late October release was met with retail shortages, the publisher noted, saying production for additional copies was ramping up to meet the growing demand.

Another title GameStop expects to have legs is Scribblenauts for the Nintendo DS, the quirky adventure title from developer 5th Cell.

"[Scribblenauts] has gotten a lot attention from a broad audience," he said. "That's one that's going to transcend all boundaries and I think that's going to be a strong game for the holidays."

Scribblenauts went on to sell close to 200,000 copies in the month of September, according to NPD sales data.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1041442p1.html

Around the Network

Yay, Scribblenauts!

Creativity may get its due.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Why is this in Microsoft discussion?

Smashed said:

Because 360 owners are buying it, PS3 owners are not...

Blood_Tears said:
Smashed said:

I concur.

The game is multiplat, regardless.

Around the Network

This should be in "Gaming Discussion".

Anyways, Scribblenauts doesn't surprise me but I really want to know why so many are interested in Borderlands.

As for shortages, thank goodness for Steam so you don't have to deal with no retail copies in stores.

Smashed said:
Blood_Tears said:
Smashed said:

I concur.

I thought it was exclusive when I saw the sales.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Because 360 version is outselling PS3 version 4:1

Smashed said:
Blood_Tears said:
Smashed said:

I concur.

True enough,  360 owners just kinda made it there own in terms of sales. But to be honest, PS3 owners were/are busy with Demon's Souls/Uncharted 2 to really dig into Borderlands yet. I imagine when L4D2 comes Borderlands will be left in the dust.

Borderlands had next to no hype heading up to release. But when reviews came out and people actually learned about the game, the hype skyrocketed. Now the game looks to be a big hit. Scribblenauts should have good legs as well since it's a quality DS title and it will definitely stand out during the holiday season (word of mouth will help).

I hope Borderlands sells millions. It deserves it for being so awesome.