By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to introduce demos for wiiware

Nintendo has been well-known for its lack of enthusiasm when it comes to game demos. However, it looks as though Nintendo may be changing its tune. At the most recent Q&A session of Nintendo’s Semi-annual Financial Results Briefing, company president Satoru Iwata indicated that demos of upcoming WiiWare titles will be introduced. And in fact, Iwata hinted that gamers may even see the first demos sometime this month. This is sort of an experiment for now, though, and and it isn’t entirely clear if Nintendo will continue to release additional demos.

The president hopes that this move will encourage Wii owners to become more involved with the Wii Shop Channel. Iwata told investors at the Q&A sessions that sales of digital downloads haven’t been a huge hit yet.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=27082

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Good move, hopefully it's here to stay.

That is good news, there are some really good games on the channel, and Nintendo really should be doing more to promote them, and this is a nice start. Although, if they have not been impressed with download sales, I wonder why they made the DSi with it's biggest feature being the DSiWare.

I guess it's a good move, but I don't care about demos in the slightest.

I would like to have demos, I think it would help convince me to purchase more of the WiiWare games. There are several titles I'd be interested in trying, so Nintendo, get it up and running soon!

Bah!

Around the Network

demos of the all games would be nice. Could be a small download and play kind of thing for really any game.

cool

great move; i hate purchasing anything w/o first seeing it first-hand
i guess you can watch them all online just to see, but playing a sample would be much better

i think nintendo should offer demos for wii games as well

sabout time. This is badly needed.

all wii game should have demo i'am sure that some game would selling betterlwith that.

virtual console, wiiware and box wii games.

But wiiware is already a miracle nintendo hated demo .